Perry Block, who is still cute, despite the title of his blog (Nouveau Old, Formerly Cute), gave me a Stylish Blogger Award today. I’m apoza thank him–thank you,Perry!–and tell seven random facts about myself, then pass the award on to others. The number varies. Perry said five, but only passed it on to three. We’ll see how many I do when I get to that part.
First, the random facts, as if I don’t pass along enough of those in the general course of things.
- I’m on the wacky ELMM diet plan. ELMM stands for Eat Less, Move More. It’s so darn crazy, it just might work! Of course, considering how sedentary I am, I would move more if all I did was blink twice as often. We’ll see how that works.
- I love puns. I think punning is atavistic: a throwback to language acquisition, when words are mastered to a sufficient extent that one can play with them, manipulate them. I make no apologies for my delight in any form of wordplay.
- No surprise that two of my signature jokes, guaranteed to make the kids groan, are puns. 1) The toothless termite walked into a bar and asked, “Where’s the bar tender?” and 2) Two peanuts were walking down the road and one was a salted. ~drumroll~
- I love Twitter and Facebook. No Farmville, no nothingville, though. Just connections. I love connections.
- Coffee is my drug of choice.
- And chocolate.
- If I’m standing up, I dance like a penguin. If I’m sitting down, I dance like a Muppet.
Now I pass the award on to more bloggers. I choose three.
Audrey Lintner of Puns and Posies. Whether it’s Green Monday, Weird Wednesday or Free Range Friday, she shares the adventure and pleasure of life spent paying attention to nature.
Alicia McCalla of Stories In Color. Alicia advocates thinking multiculturally when writing speculative fiction. Our world isn’t monocultural, so why should another one be?
Enjoy the weekend, folksies! I’ll be here tomorrow morning with the tale of Flash.
WRITING PROMPT: What bloggers would your main character find intriguing?