The wonderful Pamela Turner tagged me for the Lucky 7 blog … thing. That’s where you:
1. Go to page 77 of your manuscript.
2. Count down 7 lines.
3. Copy the next 7 lines, making no changes.
4. Tag 7 more authors.
Pamela’s version said to tag them via Facebook, but, difficult as it is to believe, not everybody in the world is ON Facebook. So I’ll tag the authors on Facebook, but I’ll tag them here, too, sending blog readers to the authors’ blogs.
Here are my seven lines, from a science fiction novel, SIDESHOW IN THE CENTER RING, which I’ll be self-publishing Real Soon Now. Just my luck, my seven lines are dialog, so I don’t get much in.
“Will you come listen?”
“No, wait,” said Captain Margent. “I’d like a word with you, if you please, Mem.”
I nodded. “Go on,” I told Tosun. “And don’t let them pump you.”
“Get information about me out of you without you knowing they’re doing it.”
Tosun shook his head. “Managlawn, my gamba, you don’t know me yet.”
Can you tell ANYTHING about what’s going on?
- T. Lee Harris of Cats, Archaeology and Mayhem
- Joanna Foreman of Ghosts of I-65
- Charmaine Clancy of Wagging Tales
- Red Tash of This Brilliant Darkness
- Cara Lopez Lee of Girls Trek Too
- Bodie Parkhurst of Magic Dog Press
- Stephen Tremp of Breakthrough Blogs
So many writers, so few numbers in seven. Only … let’s see … Oh, yeah, seven.
WRITING PROMPT: What do you think is going on in my excerpt?
MASharing is nice.
Following is friendly.