Holly Jahangiri (the real one, not the fictional one) has given me the Sisterhood of the World Bloggers Award, for which I thank her. In today’s post, I will pass the award along and fulfill the requirements by telling seven dumb things about myself. I don’t think they specifically have to be dumb things, but Holly did it and it’s more interesting than seven laudable things. Whaddya mean, “Also easier”? I oughta come through this wireless and give you such a smack!
Anyway, here are the rules:
- Recipients need to thank the giver. Done.
- Include the logo of the award in a post or on your blog. Done.
- Post 7 things about yourself.
- Pass the award onto 7 other bloggers of your choice and let them know they’ve been nominated.
Seven dumb things about myself:
- I hate cutting my toenails. Every time I have to do it, I’m like, “Am I being punished?” Yes, I know I can pay somebody else to do it, but I couldn’t afford what it would be worth.
- I bought my poor innocent daughter Hello Kitty and My Little Pony stuff because I liked it. Fortunately, she liked cats, and she married the ponies off to her dinosaurs. (Hey–this is supposed to be about me, #4 daughter! Get your own meme!)
- My favorite thing in the whole wide world is blue-tailed lizards. If God poked his head out of a cloud and said, “Would you rather see a unicorn or a blue-tailed lizard?” I would probably choose the blue-tailed lizard. Seriously. Least favorite: possums.
- My nickname in upper elementary school was Mervyn, because The Merv Griffen Show (an early talk show) was my television favorite.
- I chew on the inside of my mouth. It’s an anxiety disorder thing. But I just found this relaxation exercise that might help. Fingers crossed.
- My first word was “meat”.
- I love Polyvore. I used to read Katy Keene comics, and, although I loathe clothes shopping and dislike dressing up, I adore fantasizing about it and could look at and put together pretty lady outfits all day.
Okay, seven other bloggers. Since this is a World Bloggers thing, I’m going to pass this on to as many peeps in other countries as I can.
- Damyanti Biswas of Amlokiblogs.
- Charmaine Clancy of Wagging Tales.
- Jennifer Burke of Jen’s Bookshelf.
- Cheryl K. Tardif of The Suspense is Killing Me.
- Amanda Borenstadt of A Fortnight of Mustard.
- Marion Driessen of Figments of a Dutchess.
- Enid Wilson of Steamy Darcy. Yes, it’s just what it sounds like.
So there it is. Man, these things take a long time to fulfill! But thank you anyway, Holly. You’re one of my favorite peeps, real AND imagined!
A WRITING PROMPT FOR YOU: List seven dumb things about your main character. Now about your character’s love interest and/or sidekick. Now about your villain.