Charlie and I went to the doc yesterday and got medicine, but it did not magically make us entirely and instantly all well. That’s just wrong. This is America!
So, having failed to get entirely and instantly all well, here is my list of what to do while I wait.
5. Sleep. Yeah, good luck with that. Between coughing and snoring, that ain’t workin’ out too well. But one can try.
4. Eat chicken soup, tuna fish, and/or crackers.
3. Drink Ginger Ale. Nothing better. When I’m sick, I’d rather have Ginger Ale than a hot whiskey toddy, and that’s saying a lot.
2. Call people so they can hear how bad you sound. Not much point being sick, if nobody knows it.
1. And the number one thing to do when you’re sick:
My favorite thing to color when I’m sick is pretty lady dresses, although somebody gave me an activity book, just for the sake of variety. The more colors available, the better. I have a box of 96. If you know of a larger collection, please let me know.
Now, if you’ll excuse me, I have to go finish this Barbie princess dress.
A WRITING PROMPT FOR YOU: What does your main character do when he/she is sick, if he/she can indulge?