I was given the Sunshine Blogger Award this week by the erudite Roy A. Ackerman!
Thank the person who nominated you and link back to that person’s blog. Thanks, Roy, of the invaluable Adjuvancy!
Answer the 11 questions you’ve been asked.
Nominate 11 other bloggers, making sure to let each one know that they are nominated.
Ask the nominees 11 questions.
These are the questions I was asked:
- How long have you been blogging?
- What is your favorite style of music?
- Do you prefer Apple or Android phone?
- What is your favorite flower?
- Is light, dark, or white chocolate your favorite?
- Have you been on a cruise and, if so, where?
- What is your favorite season?
- Do you like fruits or vegetables better?
- How often do you write articles on your blog?
- Do you like to barbecue?
- If you are married, do you have children and, if so, how many?
- Damned if I know. My first website was one I coded in html in Notepad and put on my SysOp’s server back in the BBS (Bulletin Board Service) days. But my first blog…. I guess that was my Weblahg. The first post there was January 11, 2008. So, yeah, that long.
- Every kind. Seriously, I think I like SOME of EVERY kind of music. The kind I mostly listen to, though, is jazz. No, folk. No, alternative. No, swing. No….
- Android, because that’s what I have. I use my phone to take pictures, make and take calls, text, FB instant message, look stuff up online or in the dictionary, and play Minecraft. Oh, and sell books through the Square card reader. And take pictures, especially of the cat.
- Whatever is in bloom. I have a weakness for snowdrops and crocus, since they come early, and anything red, since hummingbirds like red, but I just like flowers, period.
- DARK, but not too dark. Of course, now that I’m aware of the slavery involved in most chocolate production, I’ll only be buying free trade, slavery-free chocolate, which means probably none from around here. 🙁
- I went on a cruise to the Bahamas. I don’t know which Bahama we went to, but we cruised there. It only lasted a couple of hours each way, with an additional couple of hours attempting to disembark back in Florida. We got to see a chef make veggie sculptures. We got to see dolphins on the trip out and flying fish on the way back. Those things were way cool. I hope never to go on another cruise again.
- Veg, unless you count tomatoes as fruit. Then, fruit.
- Every. Single. Day.
- I used to like to barbecue. I’ve been known to stand in the pouring rain holding an umbrella over the grill. Now that we eat almost entirely vegetarian, I use the indoor grill. I’m one of those people who has a major struggle to get a charcoal fire going and to the right temperature, and I ain’t doing that for veg.
- I am married, and we have four daughters, all grown. Three are my step-adopted daughters and one is my birth daughter. They all totally rock!
Well, now I’m tired. Eleven is too many people to tag, especially since most bloggers run in packs, and everybody I would tag has probably been tagged already. So, if you have a blog and want to tag yourself, give yourself this award, answer the questions with this exception: I don’t care if you’re married — do you have any kids and how many — and post the link to your answers in the comments here.
And, because MomGoth (that’s me) loves her Sweet Little Baby Angels (that’s you), this:
A WRITING PROMPT FOR YOU: Have your characters answer those questions.