#Vegetarian Quesadilla

So I got hungry and I made this.

QuesadillaRawThat’s a flour tortilla, small sweet peppers, leftover Jasmine rice, the tag end of some extra-sharp cheddar cheese, and the last of the green chilies. I put it in the toaster oven and baked it until the cheese was melty. Then I put some home-made Benedictine on it and nommed it up.

QuesadillaIt was heavenly!

A WRITING PROMPT FOR YOU: Write about jasmine.

One thought on “#Vegetarian Quesadilla

April 27, 2016 at 8:23am

Heee! No leftover chicken. I considered tossing in some Meatless Griller Strips non-chicken, but I liked all the ingredients, as you say, so I didn’t.
      Marian Allen recently posted..THE KING OF CHEROKEE CREEK

1. Ally Bean

April 27, 2016 at 9:05am

Funny that you’d use “jasmine” as a writing prompt. Jasmine Rice has been on the top of my grocery list all week. Not sure there’s a story in this comment, but I was prompted to write about jasmine, so there’s that!
    Ally Bean recently posted..W Is For Walnuts, Why Not?

April 27, 2016 at 10:44am

Jasmine tea, on the other hand, is too much of a good thing.

April 27, 2016 at 10:46am

What was that tea we had at the Thai restaurant? Was that Chrysanthemum tea or Jasmine tea or what? Some flowery tea that I drank until I made myself queasy, it was so good!
      Marian Allen recently posted..SAGE

• Jane

April 29, 2016 at 8:37am

Exactly. Jasmin tea will quease you up if you slog down too much of it!

3. Pierre Laberge

April 27, 2016 at 12:09pm

What is a home made benedictine? All I know about something with that name is that it is a delicious red liquid in a glass….

April 27, 2016 at 5:33pm

This Benedictine was invented by Miss Jennie Benedict of Louisville way back when. The way I make it is: Peel a small cucumber, cut it in half, and scrape out the seeds. Cut it into thin slices and put them into a strainer. Salt them, toss them to mix the salt in, and let them drain over a bowl. Squeeze the juice out, and save the juice in case you need it. Soften a block of cream cheese. Put it, along with the cucumber slices, and maybe some grated onion, into a food processor and chop it all up until it’s as smooth as you like. Some people like it all creamy, and some people like bits of cucumber in. If it’s too dry, add a little of the juice. If it’s too wet, too bad so sad you just made dip. It should be a very pale green, and should spread nicely when cold. It’s lovely!
      Marian Allen recently posted..THE KING OF CHEROKEE CREEK

• Pierre Laberge

April 28, 2016 at 2:29am

COOL! Well with a glass of nice red wine, chilled, that would go down pretty well! Of course I have to spoil it all by adding onions and a little garlic. And parsley of course. Well, at least you know I am not a vampire …..

• Pierre Laberge

April 28, 2016 at 4:03pm

How can I be a vampire, I like garlic too much, and am too busy being a Bond Villain! Bwaaa Haaa Haaa!