If you’re not a writer, you might wonder what we do all day. If you are a writer, you might wonder, “Am I the only one who does this stuff all day?”
So here’s what I did yesterday:
- Washed the bathroom rugs. Also the bathroom floor.
- Went to a meeting about books. Reading, not writing or selling.
- Read and sent emails, some about the book business.
- Messed around on Facebook and Twitter, some messing having to do with the book business.
- Wrote about ten words on my WIP (Work In Progress).
- Wrote a blog post for this blog. Wrote and set up a blog post for today at Fatal Foodies.
- Watched an episode of The West Wing, an episode of Lost, and an episode of Ancient Civilizations of Asia Minor. This all counts as research and training.
- Played Minecraft.
You’ll notice there was no drinking involved. This is an omission I deplore, but there are only so many hours in a day.
My post today at Fatal Foodies is about baked salmon paprika. Tomorrow, on this blog, I’ll post about what I did with the leftovers.
The deadline on that WIP is rapidly approaching. If you believe I can finish it in time, clap your hands. Oh, say you believe!
A WRITING PROMPT FOR YOU: What does your main character do all day on a typical day?
MASharing is nice.
Following is friendly.