I Tamed An Ocelot! #MinecraftPE

Finally — FINALLY — I found an ocelot in Minecraft Pocket Edition! I’ve been walking around Minecraft with my pockets full of fish forlikeever, looking for an ocelot. For why? For because if you feed an ocelot enough fish, it might — might, mind you — become tame and turn into a cat.

The uncertainty delights me. It’s so like a real cat. So I found this ocelot.

You can’t follow them around, like you can the wolves you’re trying to tame into dogs. If you move, an ocelot will run away, churning up chunks of dirt in its panic. But just stand there holding a fish and, if you and the ocelot line up just right, you can feed it fish. I’m told it can sometimes take many fish to tame an ocelot.

Now, when you tame a wolf, it looks exactly the same except it suddenly has a collar. When you tame an ocelot —

POOF!

Suddenly, it’s some kinda cat! Mine turned into this Siamese. Guess what I named him, Jane. Guess what I named my Siamese cat, Jane! That’s right. What else but Somtow?

Whoever programmed this game knows cats. Sometimes he follows me around, and sometimes he ignores me. He always comes when I have fish in my hand, though.

He frequently hops onto my bed and dances in circles. When I feed him, big red hearts come out of him and he does this.

Yeah, that’s his butt. Very cat.

When he isn’t showing how much he loves fish — I mean me, he does this, especially if I’m heading for it.

Sits on my storage chest. You can’t open the chest, if a cat is sitting on it. You have to get into the right position so the Stand command shows and click on it. Then you have to lure the cat off before he sits again.

I love it! It’s so very cat!

I’m posting today at Fatal Foodies about a quinoa salad with mandarin oranges.

A WRITING PROMPT FOR YOU: Is your main character spiritually a cat person or a dog person?

One thought on “I Tamed An Ocelot! #MinecraftPE

1. Dan Antion

February 28, 2017 at 7:36am

Congrats on taming the cat!

I got all messed up here. You seem to know who I am, but it says I have to update my profile (but doesn’t tell me how to do that)

February 28, 2017 at 9:50am

Interesting recipe.
    Of course Somtow is the name of your Siamese cat!

This cat of yours is so purely cat that I think I can pin the cat-lover name on those Winecraft makers! (Still loving your adventures there)

February 28, 2017 at 12:04pm

I’m trying to find another ocelot to tame, to keep my cat company and make kittens! So far, no luck. Sara says, “There was only one ocelot, and you turned it into a cat. You just destroyed an endangered species!” So I have to find more ocelots, to prove I didn’t do that bad thing!
      Marian Allen would love to share..I Tamed An Ocelot! #MinecraftPEMy Profile

3. Lisa

March 27, 2017 at 12:35pm

Cats rule, no matter where! they make my heart melt. After reading this I will search ocelots and turn them into cats. I am a cat lover and would like to see how kittens behave in Minecraft, before this, I didn’t know I could find my favorite pet in a game that I am discovering and loving.

4. Isabelle

May 6, 2017 at 6:24am

I am definitely a cat person. Minecraft is certainly a wonderful way to spend your afternoons, I once found a wolf and was super excited about it. It would have been cooler to find an ocelot 🙂
    Isabelle would love to share..Ace of Wands Tarot Card MeaningMy Profile

5. Jess Franklin

October 7, 2017 at 7:46am

A hard one to get hold of in Minecraft but always a joy to have hanging around your house. I’d definitely look into collecting all 3 of the available species (Tabby, Tuxedo and Siamese) either through hunting or breeding to expand your collection!

Personally I’m a spiritually a cat person, mostly because I enjoy having a mixture of alone time and attention, although cats probably take this a little too far for me. I’m also naturally curious which is another common trait amongst our feline friends.

October 9, 2017 at 8:16am

I was trying to collect more, but I could only find the one ocelot. I’m going to play a purely jungle biome to increase my chances. That mixed biome where I found the one ocelot seems to be ocelot-light!
      Marian Allen would love to share..Name That Book!My Profile