Corn Island Archeology #ThursdayDoors

My daughter works for the CIA. Corn Island Archeology, that is. On Monday, she took me on a tour of the headquarters.

This looks like a good place to park.

VELcome — er, Welcome!

The HQ is in the Conrad-Seaton House, built in the late 1700s or very early 1800s. It was also a pottery.

Inside, I found a plethora of doors.

This slideshow requires JavaScript.

Also, stuff:

This slideshow requires JavaScript.

I dig their humor. har har

This slideshow requires JavaScript.

One last picture, for railroad buffs and for proud mama me: Sara‘s name on a report on Railroads.

This has been part of Norm Frampton’s Thursday Doors link-up. Visit Norm’s blog, view his wonderful pictures, scroll down to the blue frog link, and click through to a wonderland of doors.

A WRITING PROMPT BASED ON MY POST: Write about someone digging something up. Or about a privy, which is where most of the stuff here came from.

One thought on “Corn Island Archeology #ThursdayDoors

1. Well isn’t that just the neatest?!? That’s a neat kid, with a neat job!
    I loved the door that was white and made of planks. I think all the doors in my house should look like that, but they don’t. Original fireplace is also fab. “Man washing dishes” though, I mean, I hardly ever see that! Truly a lil treasure, that place is. (And your bebe, too, course!)

November 2, 2017 at 8:04am

I should have pointed out that the dishes he was washing were broken bits dug up out of a privy. So: manly. Yeah, my girl, my girl: She LITERALLY can fall into a privy and FIGURATIVELY come up smelling like roses, with treasures to catalog. For, you know, a given value of “treasures”.
      Marian Allen would love to share..Corn Island Archeology #ThursdayDoorsMy Profile

2. Dan Antion

November 2, 2017 at 8:14am

From very skinny to big and wide. Great collection of doors today!

On the browser front, today, Firefox is showing me black rectangles where your photos should be (Chrome to the rescue). I guess I need to view this in Chrome by default.

3. Vicky Zavros

November 2, 2017 at 12:07pm

What a lovely white place to work and a man being domestic! Just as well for your daughter if it all came from a privy!

4. norm 2.0

November 3, 2017 at 5:11pm

I’ve always had a soft spot for skinny doors and the one in this post does not disappoint. Fun post except for someone’s parking job 🙂

5. Gordon

November 4, 2017 at 1:04am

You got me hooked with the CIA reference and the picture of your parking space and it got better from there. Great post!

• Gordon

November 7, 2017 at 5:46pm

Thanks for letting me know about the 404 error. My computer has been weird lately so I just restored my op system but now have to restore all my apps and fix my overflowing storge space. Will check on WordPress later; probably an operator error in listing my WP address.