CoryDoors – White House Candy #ThursdayDoors

White House Candy isn’t brand new, but it’s fairly new. I just got the chance to stop and look it over, and I’m not sure if I’m glad or sorry. The reason being: The candy is freakin’ delicious! Also: pricey. Because: freakin’ delicious.

Thursday Doors is the brainchild of Norm Frampton, photographer extraordinaire. Visit Norm’s site, look at his wonderful photos, scroll down, and click on the blue frog link to enter a world of doors … er … of the world. YES, I SAID A WORLD OF DOORS OF THE WORLD. Yes, if I edited your book, I would totally highlight that and suggest you rewrite it, eliminating one of those “world”s. Hire a lawyer and sue me.

ANYWAY, White House Candy bought two small buildings and built a connection between them. They didn’t just bang up a hall, though; they made beauty while they were at it.

Ready to visit? Here we go!

Taken from across the street. Apologies for the wires.

Click on any picture in the gallery below to begin viewing.

Did I buy some? Why, yes, I did. Was it good? Yes, it was. Was it worth the price. That’s a 10-4, good buddy. I got a small(ish) slab of dark chocolate with almonds in. The chocolate melted beautifully in the mouth, with a full richness, dark but not bitter. Even the almonds, which are usually just there for the crunch, held their own and blended with the flavor of the chocolate. I usually hold chocolate in my mouth until it all melts, then crunch the almonds that are left behind. With this, I chomped right from the start, because the flavors belonged together.

Two tongues up!

A WRITING PROMPT BASED ON MY POST: A character discovers a wonderful taste sensation.

One thought on “CoryDoors – White House Candy #ThursdayDoors

1. Norm 2.0

February 8, 2018 at 10:14am

Looks like a great spot. I love the simple clean look of the decor. Sounds delish too but hey, what’s with this no pics of the candy business?

February 8, 2018 at 10:34am

Whatchoo mean, no pics of the candy business? You mean no pics of the making of the candy? They don’t make the candy here; just sell it. Now, Schimpff’s in Jeffersonville, Indiana, make their own candy. I plan to have a girls’ day out with some of my homies when the weather gets nice, and I’ll get pics of that. 🙂
      Marian Allen would love to share..CoryDoors – White House Candy #ThursdayDoorsMy Profile

2. Dan Antion

February 8, 2018 at 2:43pm

I still have to open your site in Chrome to see the pictures and Firefox to comment, but you’re worth it.

You can’t go wrong with black and white or anything dealing with candy.

February 9, 2018 at 9:02am

You do? Dan, that nuts! What am I doing wrong, that you have to do that? NOBODY is worth that kind of grief. Except you, of course. I never thought about having to use a different browser to see pictures or to comment. I thought all this jazz was supposed to work across platforms and browsers!
      Marian Allen would love to share..Inuit Cloud in Egypt Kills Violin #FridayRecommendsMy Profile

• Dan Antion

February 9, 2018 at 9:14am

I do! It’s been that way for a very long time. In fairness, I could do everything in Chrome, but I’m signed into WordPress in Chrome with my work credentials for our company website. I think you’ve gotten a few comments from me at that email address (by mistake).

Firefox just doesn’t like your site. I don’t know why. I use Firefox exclusively for reading, writing, uploading media and editing on WordPress, and I only have the image problem with your site. I have commenting problems with sites using CommentLuv – to be honest, I usually don’t try to comment if I see that it’s CommentLuv – you ARE worth it.

A lot of websites, theme and plugin makers only test their stuff on Chrome, and maybe Safari. When we are selecting themes and plugins for our company site, we always test on every browser we can find (there are websites where you can emulate older versions) and a lot of stuff breaks on Internet Explorer and Firefox, but runs on Chrome.
        Dan Antion would love to share..Thursday Doors – Oooh Wait a MinuteMy Profile

3. Deborah

February 9, 2018 at 4:29pm

I love the color scheme! Out here on the West Coast we have See’s Candies that has a black and white scheme. They have the best candy and chocolates. I’m glad your new confectioner has good chocolates too. I love chocolate with almonds.

February 10, 2018 at 8:07am

Does See’s make their own candy? White House doesn’t, but Schimpff’s in Jeffersonville (not far from us) makes their own. I’m hoping to get over there for some Thursday Doors this year.
      Marian Allen would love to share..Tipper’s Chair Toy #CaturdayMy Profile

4. joey

February 10, 2018 at 8:27pm

I love the aesthetics on that place. Niiice!
    The Mister is an almond lover, too. I like when they don’t have Mounds bars in the checkout, I can give him the almonds off the Almond Joy. He likes that, too.
    I bought some fudge at Cracker Barrel a couple of weeks ago. Do not recommend. *shakes head* I’ll wait for homemade or Nashville. mmhm.