Furnidoors – Cabinets #ThursdayDoors

Got no good new doorscursion pics this week, so I took pictures of furniture doors. Don’t call it lazy; call it inventive.

ANYWAY, here are some furnitures with doors at our house:

That was my Mom’s desk. Kitten not included.

This next one was also my mother’s, although she gave it to me to keep years ago. It’s older than I am, which means it’s prolly 70 years old.

This one is where we used to keep the TV until we inherited my mother’s TV, which is too big for the cabinet. Charlie is making a TV table for The Monster, and we’ll move this huge cabinet elsewhere. I like the retractable doors.

This post has been part of Norm Frampton’s Thursday Doors link-up. Visit his website, enjoy his extraordinary photographs, click on the blue frog link, and enter a world of doors.

A WRITING PROMPT FROM ME TO YOU: What is the history of the oldest piece of furniture in your house? Your main character’s house?

One thought on “Furnidoors – Cabinets #ThursdayDoors

1. Norm 2.0

October 18, 2018 at 11:17am

Doors on furniture are still doors, so here’s to being inventive.
    BTW that desk is a lovely piece of furniture 🙂

2. dan antion

October 18, 2018 at 6:40pm

I love furniture doors. I’ve made more than a few, and the ones you featured are aces!

October 22, 2018 at 8:49am

I always think of you when I see nice construction. …Wait, let me rephrase that…. I always think of you when I see a well-built chest. …Wait…. Oh, never mind. YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN.

3. pm laberge

October 18, 2018 at 9:14pm

I have a very similar open front desk to the one with 4 drawers and a set of glass doors.
    And yes, it would be 70+ years old.
    Possibly even 100.

October 22, 2018 at 8:51am

I love that old secretary. Charlie is using it now, but I remember when it was stuffed with Mom’s detritus and a long, thick braid of my hair from my first short haircut.

• pm laberge

October 22, 2018 at 12:37pm

Charlie is lucky, because those desks are great!
        DONT LOSE THE HAIR!
        Charlie is lucky, ’cause he has you.
        You are lucky, ’cause you have Charlie.

• pm laberge

October 22, 2018 at 3:57pm

People, people who have people…
            People who know they are lucky to have people!
            Those people are the luckiest people.

WHAT? It is just a simple remix.
            Be glad you could not hear me sing it!

October 22, 2018 at 8:56am

It’s an old and dear friend. The only furniture to survive all the moves and shakeups of Mom’s and my lives. I look at it and think, “Still here, old friend. We’re still here.”

October 24, 2018 at 11:25am

To tell the truth, it looks a lot better-built than it is, but it’s still better-built than middle-class-grade furniture today. And heavy? I’ll say! I think it’s probably a very pretty wood, but I’m told it would reduce any value it might have to refinish it. Messy, too.