As always, I have a new Hot Flash for the month.
I also have a new blog award, courtesy of my friend and fellow Fatal Foodie Chris V. Thanks, Chris! Chris loves miniatures, and sometimes those miniatures are of food. Mmmm. In these days of Super-Sizing, those tiny little tidbits look very refreshing.
Here are the rules of the award:
HAPPY 101 AWARD RULES
1. Copy the award image into a post
2. List 10 things that make you happy
3. Tag 10 bloggers who brighten your day
4. Put in a link to their blogs
5. Notify the award receivers
6. Award recipients link back to sender’s blog
As you know, MomGoth is all about finding sparks o’ joy that anchor her to this world. So, apart from family and friends and so on, here are 10 things that make me happy:
- blue-tailed lizards
- ironic justice
- a good turn of phrase
- red leaves mingled with brown ones
- sky the color of David McCallum’s eyes
- a hearty laugh
- rain when we need it
- getting dry and warm
- my sleep apnea machine
- Morgan Mandel’s Make Mine Mystery
- Sheri L. Wright’s Scribblings and Such
- KK Brees On Writing
- Brenda Peterson’s I Want To Be Left Behind
- Mary E. Campbell’s Writer’s Butt Does Not Apply To Me
- Marion Driessen’s Figments Of A Dutchess (yes, that’s spelled correctly–she’s Dutch! 🙂 )
- Leslie R. Lee’s blog, currently featuring Project 365
- Fatal Foodies, even though I am on it.
- Even though they don’t care, I Can Has Cheezburger
- and even though it isn’t a blog, The Museum of Bad Art
Enjoy the links, and I hope you have many sparks o’ joy in your lives!
WRITING PROMPT: Who or what makes your main character happiest?