The Happy! The Happy!

I went out in the woods yesterday, not really expecting to find anything, but I did! I did! No, not a Teddy Bear’s Picnic, some mushrooms! Not. That. Kind. ~snaps fingers~ Focus!

What I found was morels, the most delectable fungus on earth. If you don’t believe me, visit The Great Morel web site.

I’m posting about morels on Fatal Foodies today, although morels aren’t fatal. Unless, of course, one is allergic to them, or so greedy one eats oneself to death on them. Charlie and I shared ours with Mom.

As God is merciful, please do not leave comments about how many more you or your cousin found and how big them suckers was. If you make me envious, the sin will be upon your head. God said so. To me. Just now.

WRITING PROMPT: What makes your main character envious? Is he/she ashamed of it, or not?

One thought on “The Happy! The Happy!

1. Sara Deurell

March 29, 2011 at 11:06am

Ah, spring. πŸ™‚ I bet you danced (when you were safely away from any mushrooms that might be damaged by dancing on top of them)! Wish I coulda gone with ya on the hunt!
    Sara Deurell would love to share..5 DetailsMy Profile

March 30, 2011 at 8:17am

Yeah! I start hunting back when people say, “Too early for morels.” That way, I catch the early guys. heeeee!

2. Monica

March 30, 2011 at 12:50am

Found you from the A-Z Blogging Challenge, it sounds like it’s going to be so much fun and I can’t wait to get started!! I’m now following your blog on GFC and I hope you have a chance to check out my blog and maybe follow me back!!
    Monica

March 30, 2011 at 8:18am

I forget a lot of things, but food is generally not one of them. Especially free food! The time is now, Austin–HUNT! πŸ™‚

3. Holli (B's Mom)

March 30, 2011 at 2:16pm

I just has morels for the first time last summer and now I know why everyone loves them. They are fantastic!
    Holli (B’s Mom) would love to share..A to ZMy Profile

March 30, 2011 at 3:24pm

It’s turned off cold here, but I plan to go out tomorrow and see if any survived the SNOW and SLEET we had today!