Blue Canary and Breffiss and Other B Things

“Blue canary in the outlet by the light switch, who watches over you. Make a little birdhouse in your soul.” Ah, they don’t write ’em like that anymore. Oh, wait, they do. This is my favorite song by They Might Be Giants. (I freaking love They Might Be Giants! Just thought you’d like to know.)

I also love breffiss. Breffiss is the most important meal of the day. Waffles. ‘Nuff said.

Also books.

WRITING PROMPT: Does your main character need to sleep with a nightlight? If so, why? If not, make it so.

One thought on “Blue Canary and Breffiss and Other B Things

1. Alison Miller

April 2, 2011 at 5:05pm

My mc does not, but her three-year old half sister MUST have one.

Great post!

2. Jeanne Kraus

April 2, 2011 at 6:39pm

Glad I got to your site. Great website, great song. I can’t wait to “C” what you do tomorrow. I’ll be back.

3. Margo Kelly

April 2, 2011 at 10:19pm

Perfect! Happy B-day. I’m a new follower from the A-Z Challenge – nice to meet you! 🙂

4. Patricia Stoltey

April 2, 2011 at 11:26pm

Yay for breffus an books — but I’m on dial-up at my mom’s house so I’m not having any luck viewing the videos. I’ll have to catch up on those when I get back to Colorado next weekend.
    Patricia Stoltey would love to share..B is for Belgian Trappist BeerMy Profile

5. Author

April 3, 2011 at 8:38am

@Bob, indeed, I love breffis! Had blueberry pancakes this morning. Mmmm!

@Ellie, glad you liked the song. As I said, it’s my favorite song of a favorite band (band of two–can two be a band?)

@Allison–Now you’ve got me intrigued about why the child MUST have one. Standard fear of the unknown stuff…or more?

@Jeanne, thanks for the kind words. C you on Monday!

@Margo, nice to meet you, too! 🙂 This is my first A-Z, so I’m learning as I go.

@Patricia, you’re a dedicated soul, to be participating and following on dial-up, and from a European visit, at that! HUGS!

@Raquel, thanks! I love to start the day with good food, and then continue as I’ve started. That’s why I look like a little pink pig. OINK! A happy one, too. 🙂

6. Larri

April 3, 2011 at 8:38am

Brefiss is eggs, toast, and coffee…lots of coffee.

Thanks for turning me on to some new music. Fabulous!

Great ‘B’ post. Happy Sunday! 🙂

April 3, 2011 at 8:41am

Mmmm! I’m a coffee-holic, too. 🙂 Hard to beat eggs, especially now that our #2 daughter keeps chickens and we get our eggs fresh and free. Glad you liked the music. Those boys are nuts. 🙂

April 3, 2011 at 1:20pm

We do, too, so we don’t stub our toes in the night. But I sold a story to Marion Zimmer Bradley’s FANTASY magazine where a woman had to sleep with candles around her bed for a very creepy reason. Even nightlights have potential. hehehe!