Do and To-Do Due, Too

Okay, Mom and I went to the hairdresser’s yesterday and got perms. I haven’t had one for a long time, so I was a little … Yeah, that’s boring. Anyway, here’s my new ‘do. I didn’t tell her to slap all that gray in it, so don’t ask me what that’s about.

Here is Hope Schneider, who gave me the ‘do. Love ya, Hope! She looks a bit iffy here, but she was just in a hurry to move on to her next customer, for she is much in demand.

While you’re at it, check out the color on that wall. I think part of why I love going to Hope’s is that warm, friendly color.

Anyway.

Karen Syed of Echelon Press, my publisher, has tasked me with (Do you hate that? I hate that. Forget I said that.) Karen Syed of Echelon Press, my publisher, has given me the task of promoting my books regularly rather than desultorily on Facebook and Twitter. I said, “Ebberyday?” She said, “Yes.” I said, “EBBERY day?” She said, “EBBERY day!!” So I’m trying out some tools which, if they continue to serve my purpose, I’ll recommend tomorrow. So far, so good.

WRITING PROMPT: A character who wears his or her hair the same way for years gets a new do. On purpose, by mistake, under compulsion or why? What’s the effect?

One thought on “Do and To-Do Due, Too

1. Marie Britt

January 26, 2012 at 8:56am

I love the new do! Dont spam me!

January 26, 2012 at 12:00pm

Why would I spam you? If my mighty mighty spam filter tossed you into the spaminator, I would rescue you! 🙂

January 26, 2012 at 10:12am

Nice hair. Nice pic. Will see in person soon-ish. Yay.

I recall when I was about 15, getting my long, long hair cut into a flip, and showing up in class the next day, and…ta-duh…nobody recognized me.

Yeah, so unremarkable that it was all about the hair.

I’m going to dis the observers’ on this one, and I’m sticking to that story.

January 26, 2012 at 12:02pm

Thanks for the like. 🙂 Some people just look very different with their hair shaped differently around their faces. My own MOTHER walked right past me at the bus station when I had gotten a totally new do and new glasses and an outfit she’d never seen before. NINJA POWERS!

• Jane

January 26, 2012 at 6:17pm

Yeah. Ninja powers. That explains it..

3. Preslie T.

January 26, 2012 at 4:19pm

You and your mom are so cool together. You’re just like close friends. You also got that smile from her. How old is she now?

I like your post. Very enlightening!

-Preslie
    Preslie T. would love to share..Brainwave EntrainmentMy Profile

January 26, 2012 at 6:51pm

Glad you like the post, Preslie. Mom and I are close friends. 🙂 We consider ourselves very lucky. As for how old she is, she says she’s younger than she’ll ever be again.

4. Nicholle

January 29, 2012 at 5:50pm

You are truly looking great to your hair. Know what Marian I learn something a kind of word here and it is “EBBERY DAY” you make me laugh at this! 😀
    Nicholle would love to share..Timber Doors BrisbaneMy Profile