No, that isn’t a comedy team, it’s a recipe. As promised, Alexander Charlemont is here today with a Jamaican vegetarian dish. He explains what Saltfish is, but not Ackee. So here’s a link telling about Ackee. You’re welcome.
~ ~ * ~ ~
Ackee & Salt Fish
- ½ lb cod fish
- 1 dozen ackees
- 4 tbsp cooking oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 plum tomatoes, chopped
- ¼ scotch bonnet pepper
1. Set cod fish to soak in two quarts cold water for three hours. Flake salt fish to remove the bones and set aside
2. Boil ackees until firm and discard water
3. Heat oil and sauté’ onions
4. Toss in ackee and stir in tomatoes and Scotch bonnet pepper
5. Serve with roasted breadfruit
I hope you guys enjoy this dish! It’s usually served for breakfast but really any time of the day is good!
~ ~ * ~ ~
Thank you, Alexander! I hope you’ll visit again, sometime. 🙂
A WRITING PROMPT FOR YOU: Who does your main character go to for cooking advice?
JaneDecember 27, 2012 at 9:35am
The Caribbean is a strange and mysterious place. Recipes are welcome!