Daffers In The Snow

Our daffodils are in bloom, so I picked a few and brought them in to liven the place up. Here you see them against a backdrop of Pieter Bruegel the Elder’s Hunters In The Snow, aka The Family Picture, so called because just about everybody in our family has a print of it.

daffsinsnow

Happy spring!

I’m posting at Fatal Foodies today about the book I’m reading, THE PERSIAN PICKLE CLUB by Sandra Dallas. Drop in and find out what a Persian pickle is!

A WRITING PROMPT FOR YOU: Give your main character some flowers.

One thought on “Daffers In The Snow

April 3, 2013 at 10:14am

Hi,
    Your flowers look super.

My daffies have come in, but I don’t recognize them from any years past. They are deep yellow with short orange trumpets. I can’t recall their growing here before. A strange spring, indeed.

April 3, 2013 at 10:57am

Daffs come up all kindsa crazy ways! It seems like every year we have some new variety. All deep yellow, short orange trumpets and pale yellow “mane”, huge, tiny… It’s COOL! 🙂
      Marian Allen would love to share..Free ReadsMy Profile

April 5, 2013 at 9:00am

Here, too. By this time last year, the crocuses and daffodils were gone. I’m kinda lovin’ the long lead-in. 🙂 I wouldn’t, if we had snow, though. I am SO through with snow for the year!
      Marian Allen would love to share..Where I Am and Am NotMy Profile

2. Joy from ubud villas

April 9, 2013 at 11:50pm

Wow, so you like flowers too? Daffers in the snow? Must be nice! 🙂 I envy you, Marian! 🙂

April 10, 2013 at 9:35am

It’s kind of you to say so, Veronica. If you can teach anybody how to use that damn ribbon, I’m YOUR fan!
      Marian Allen would love to share..Free ReadsMy Profile

3. Emilia from building reports sydney

April 10, 2013 at 1:39am

The daffers look so enticingly pretty! I wish I can grow one as well. I’m sure you grew them with love, don’t you? 🙂

April 10, 2013 at 9:37am

Actually, we just shove them in the ground and let them grow as they will. Don’t you have daffodils in Australia?
      Marian Allen would love to share..Free ReadsMy Profile