Seeing Is Believing

I know photoshop has destroyed the integrity of the photograph, but I swear to you, this picture is entirely unretouched.pppYES! It’s TRUE! This is a photo of an actual parallel parking event that I performed MYSELF! ON THE FIRST GO!

I haven’t performed a perfect parallel park since I did it during my driving test. Beginner’s luck.

There was some loser in that badly parked truck behind me giving me a weird look as I took this picture, but he was just jealous.

Loser.

A WRITING PROMPT FOR YOU: A character chronicles a triumph nobody else thinks is at all noteworthy.

One thought on “Seeing Is Believing

November 26, 2013 at 9:01am

Congratulations!
    I hate parking on a curb in general. I seem to see the zone as much much smaller than it actually is. Wonder what that menas?
    The Yellow Cab instructor (yes, I had to PAY to learn to drive) had tricked out his cab with a masking tape tell on the passenger rear door sill. All I had to do was look back, and when the sawhorse’s near bumper lined up with the tape, all I had to do was the right amount of wheel turns, reverse, and slide into place. It’s a feeling I have never been able to duplicate, though I have often wondered since just where the sweet spot was on my various cars over the years. 😉

November 26, 2013 at 9:45am

Exactly, Jane! How can there be A sweet spot, when all the other cars are all different lengths and widths? Can Jimmy explain it, from a scientist’s perspective?
      Marian Allen would love to share..#SampleSunday WiseasseryMy Profile

• Jane

November 27, 2013 at 9:01am

Indeed. There ought to be a formula in there somewhere, eh? Something to do with length of car vs. width of car, vs opening at the curb, vs width of the two cars parked at each end.
        Simple!

2. Lee

November 26, 2013 at 11:58am

Just popped over from Matilda’s Journey to see what your blog was about. You gave me a giggle. We in the Midwest don’t have very many opportunities for parallel parking. When I am with someone who has to parallel park they look helpless and ask me to do the parking.
    I am glad the looser got to see it done properly.
    Sweet William The Scot
    Lee would love to share..Riverview No JokeMy Profile

November 26, 2013 at 12:14pm

Thanks for coming to visit! This IS the midwest, but it’s a small, old town and a lot of the streets still have parallel parking. I avoid it when I can, or try to find two or three together so I can just pull in, but this one was REAL! Yeah, I schooled the guy! lol
      Marian Allen would love to share..#Caturday Katya Goes NutsMy Profile

• Lee

November 26, 2013 at 2:15pm

Sorry I presumed you were a New Yorker like Matilda. Yes you are Midwest in Indiana. I am just across your border. Cincinnati, Ohio.
        Sweet William The Scot & Lee
        Lee would love to share..Riverview No JokeMy Profile

November 26, 2013 at 4:37pm

I LOVE Cincinnati! I love your blog, too. I can never have enough pictures of Scotties. We had a Cairn Terrier for a bit. She was naughty, but very cute!
          Marian Allen would love to share..FORCE OF HABITMy Profile

3. Perry Block

November 26, 2013 at 6:58pm

What do you mean? I didn’t get those dates on my own?

Oh, you mean the story date with Darryl Hannah as opposed to the real ones!

(Where is that story anyway? I’d like to see it again.)
    Perry Block would love to share..Dream a Little Dream of SheMy Profile

4. Mbombela Towing

May 23, 2015 at 4:06am

I hate it when people don’t follow the rules and regulations with parking on the curb, may it be for parking too long or to park somewhere where you are not allowed to.
    It is frustrating when you see people breaking the rules because then we get called out and it is not the most fun thing to do.
    We spoil their whole day as well as ours because we are on such a busy schedule when we get calls for towing wrecked cars.
    It is as easy as that , just follow the rules the signs are there for a reason!
    Mbombela Towing would love to share..Keeping safe on your matric holidayMy Profile