Yes, okay, I’ll admit it, I’m kind of addicted. I was ready to quit yesterday, because I’ve been over
SO. MUCH. TERRITORY. and I can’t find any clay to make a flowerpot. But then I learned I don’t have to slaughter sheep to get wool, and I ran around shearing any sheep I could catch. They look so funny! And I made carpet for my house! And I made a compass that always points to my second house and I laid down a path from there to my new house so I’ll NEVER GET LOST AGAIN! And I stumbled on the first lava I accidentally fell into and got back ALL MY STUFF!
So, there’s that.
ANYWAY, my apologies to everyone who reads this blog (hi, Jane!), but I have this list.
10 Signs You Play Too Much Minecraft (Monsterless Version)
10. Your recipes often involve redstone powder.
9. You walk up to a tree and beat it with your bare hand.
8. You feel naked leaving the house without a pickaxe and a sword.
7. You pick flowers by hitting them with a stick and stepping on them.
6. You think chickens lay eggs in the water.
5. People look funny to you because their heads aren’t perfect squares.
4. You refer to your pockets as your inventory.
3. When you’re heading out for a long trip, you feel wrong without forty torches, three iron pickaxes, two iron swords, a cooked ham, and a pair of shears just in case you come across a sheep.
2. Your idea of life after death is respawning.
And the #1 sign you’ve been playing Minecraft too long:
1. Somebody says they need a new bookcase, and you say, “First, you harvest some sugar cane.”
And, speaking of recipes, I’m posting at Fatal Foodies today about a Vegetarian Pizza that’s SO GOOD it almost made my head asplode.