Bring The Family! #Caturday

Sweetie PieSweetie Pie Turner here. “MomGoth” is what I call my Mom’s daughter, because she feeds me when she’s here taking care of Mom. I feel sorry for MomGoth because all her kitties are at the Rainbow Bridge, so I let her be my sort-of mom.

Last week, MomGoth took pictures of the raccoon eating the bird seed on Mom’s side porch. This week, there was a smaller one there, and MomGoth decided she wasn’t scared of a little one, so she opened the door to get a picture.

He started to waddle away when she opened the door. He didn’t run, mind you, he just sort of strolled.

RaccoonRearWhen she clicked the camera, he turned around and hissed at her!

RaccoonFrontThen he waddled around back. MomGoth closed the door and went through the house and opened the back door, and there she saw this! She fiddled with the picture settings so they would show up better, since they were in deep shadow.

RacoonFamilyAll three of them climbed up the pole and snuggled down in the eaves of Mom’s carport! Charlie got a non-hurty trap, planning to trap all of them and release them somewhere else, but MomGoth got a different kind of bird seed without so many sunflower seeds, and we haven’t seen them since.

As for me, I’m on watch. Not too close. You never know when that crazy MomGoth will open the door again!

RaccoonNoA WRITING PROMPT FOR ANIMALS: Would you chase a raccoon?

SPT

One thought on “Bring The Family! #Caturday

July 16, 2016 at 10:52am

So it was an encircling maneuver, eh? Those raccoons are mighty clever. Even got that back door open. Hmm. They look pretty tricky to me. Don’t fall for it, Sweetie Pie!

• Marian Allen

July 17, 2016 at 7:44am

Nonono — *I* opened the back door. NO, if they were opening doors, we’d all move to the Arctic Circle, where all we’d have to worry about is frostbite and polar bears.

• Jane

July 17, 2016 at 9:33am

OK. I guess you know polar bears are REALLY something to worry about, eh?

• A.C.Flory

July 17, 2016 at 8:07pm

eat…cats???? Are you pulling my leg? If you’re not, I’ll never think raccoons are cute bandits, ever again.
        Speaking of dangers to cats [and other small creatures], we had two eagles circling the house yesterday. I was outside doing some gardening and didn’t see them till the daughter pointed them out. I have an awful feeling said eagles were after one very small, part chihuahua dog who was there next to me, helping me ‘weed’.
        Mogi is smaller than my smallest cat…about teenaged bunny size. Got her inside quick smart. πŸ™
        A.C.Flory would love to share..Amazing #architecture – The Dancing House in #PragueMy Profile

• Marian Allen

July 18, 2016 at 8:35am

I’m sorry, Meeks, but, yeah, raccoons are omnivorous predators. They CAN get along with cats, the same way those polar bears Jane and I were talking about CAN get along with huskies. But raccoons are wild animals, and they do what they do. To them, a cat is just a potential meal. I’m glad you take good care of li’l Mogi. He’s lucky to have a smart and cautious Mom!
          Marian Allen would love to share..Help If’n You #amwritingMy Profile

• Marian Allen

July 17, 2016 at 5:34pm

UGH! No. Just no. I’ve thrown lizards out of Mom’s house, and mice, and snakes, and a bird, and wasps, and Charlie’s evicted a squirrel or two. But I think maybe a raccoon could just HAVE the place.
      Marian Allen would love to share..SAGEMy Profile