Not Burnin’ This One Down #Minecraft

I had a treehouse in a prior Minecraft life, but I tried to make a fireplace in it with lava (I know, but how cool would that have been, eh?) and I burned the damn thing down.

So this time, I made the fireplace outside. Or, in other words, I made a barbecue pit.

No burning down houses!

And I made a big ol’ treehouse. I put a garden in it, ’cause you can’t burn anything down with dirt and water. There were rabbits in my world, until they ran off to live in the snow, and I was afraid they would eat the garden, like they do, so I planted one on the ground for them and one in the tree so I’d have more seeds to plant for them.

The roof is made of glass, so I can see the rain and snow coming down. There’s a bridge of leaves with a roof of leaves, leading from my treehouse to my observation post. The OP is entirely of glass, so I can stand there and see the flowers in one direction, the snowy bits in the other direction, and the wintry mix falling all around me.

I went into many caves, and complained long and loud to Mom:

ME: All I’m finding is gold and diamonds!

MOM: What do you want to find??

ME: String!

Because you need string to make a fishing pole, you see. But then I found lots of bones (wolves, for the taming of) and saddles (horses, for the riding of). There were no horses on my island, though, and I don’t have the patience to coax them through water. Did that, not worth the effort.

But I did tame a wolf, so I had a dog at last!

And he fell into a pit and died.

Stupid dog.

And then the stupid Pats won the SuperBowl. There is no joy in Mudville.

I’m posting today at Fatal Foodies about corn chowder.

A WRITING PROMPT FOR YOU: Write about a house fire.

One thought on “Not Burnin’ This One Down #Minecraft

February 7, 2017 at 7:17am

I love your sharing your Minecraft adventures.
    So entertaining! Good!

Hmm, dogs. What’re y’gonna do?

February 7, 2017 at 11:59am

You ought to try playing it! This world was the first time I made bricks. Oh, and you should have seen me skedaddle, when I went deeper into the snowscape and caught a glimpse of a polar bear with a cub! The polar bears, they tell me, get hostile when there’s a cub around. I grabbed my ass and RAN.
      Marian Allen would love to share..Not Burnin’ This One Down #MinecraftMy Profile

February 7, 2017 at 12:03pm

If Dracula played Minecraft, he’d be all, “De SCHTRING eez de LAHEEF!” I did find some! Then I stumbled into an abandoned mine, all bedecked with spiderwebs. You take your shearing shears for shearing sheep, see, and you clip the spiderwebs with them, and they turn into string. So I have enough string to make blocks of wool out of. Don’t ask me why you can take blocks of wool and make them into string, ’cause I ain’t a programmer.

2. Dan Antion

February 7, 2017 at 11:05am

Sorry to hear about the wolf/dog. How long did it take to train him? Also sorry to hear about the Pats. Maybe in your next world, they can fall into the pit.
    Dan Antion would love to share..When Stupid Takes TwoMy Profile

February 7, 2017 at 12:07pm

Wolves are unpredictable. You walk around where there are wolves, holding a bone, and they might look at you and get red-eye hostile, or they might eat the bone and puff gray smoke and stay wild, or they might eat the bone and develop an instant collar and be tame. You can’t train them to do anything, though. They just run around barking, jumping into water and shaking water off all over everything, chasing rabbits, generally being pests. I don’t know why I always want one. I really want a cat, but you have to tame an ocelot, and I’ve never even SEEN an ocelot.

Oh, to live in a world where the Pats fall into a pit! Nah, I wouldn’t want to hurt ’em, just make ’em stop cheating, the bums!

3. Brad Bean

February 7, 2017 at 1:55pm

I have burnt down my house before so I use iron bars or glass now when I build a fireplace in a wood house.