French Bananas

Bananes, if you must know. But that’s not what I meant.

Youngest Grandson came to visit the other day, and asked for French Toast. Naturally, I made him some, and there was a smidge of the batter left (egg, milk, vanilla). We also had a banana that was threatening to end it all, so I sliced the banana and dipped the pieces in the batter and fried them in vegan margarine, pouring the remnants of the batter over all.

I put the results in little bowls, and drizzled heated Nutella over.

I’m not entirely certain, but I think I should have put on some cinnamon, as well. What do you think?

A WRITING PROMPT FOR YOU: Your character makes breakfast for a child.

One thought on “French Bananas

1. Pierre Laberge

June 7, 2017 at 8:23am

What?
    No Cinnamon?
    NO Cinnamon?
    NO CINNAMON?

That is outrageous!

One must use cinnamon, because well, they keep on growing more!

To correct the balance of nature, you must make it again, using, of course, twice as much!!!!! cinnamon.

2. Dan Antion

June 7, 2017 at 8:59am

Is it too cliche to say I’d go ape over that? I like bananas on pancakes and waffles, I think they’d go with french toast or as a surrogate for the toast, all battered and yummy. But, yeah, you missed your shot at perfection by forgetting Cinnamon. Points, but no bonus points.
    Dan Antion would love to share..Smitten Not BittenMy Profile

June 7, 2017 at 5:34pm

What would be a carb there? The milk, I’m thinking? I have another friend who’s allergic to hazelnuts. I can live without hazelnuts, but I love the flavor — in coffee, in Nutella. That makes NO sense, but it’s true.
      Marian Allen would love to share..French BananasMy Profile

3. Deborah

June 7, 2017 at 5:44pm

I put cinnamon in the milk mixture along with the eggs, and vanilla, and a bit of sugar.

I could eat it either way. It has chocolate, and Nutella at that! Nouf said. 🙂
    Deborah would love to share..Wordless Wednesday 23/52My Profile

June 7, 2017 at 5:49pm

I usually sprinkle the cinnamon on later, but Imma hafta start putting it in the mixture, so maybe I won’t FORGET IT NEXT TIME!

4. Lisa

June 9, 2017 at 5:28pm

I think that your recipe is just perfect the way it is right now! I wouldn’t add anything.
    My mouth is watering right now and cannot wait to do that at home!