Three Parrots and a Door #ThursdayDoors

Actually, it’s one parrot, but three photographs.

We took Chickie, our new kitten, to the vet for her first inoculation and checkup (good general health, but fleas, worms, and probably an infection–she takes her medicine like it’s her hobby).

I posted doors from the vet’s before, but I got to see the recycled cabinet in use this time.

Duffy

At first, she ignored us. I got a little closer. I was pretty sure they wouldn’t have a bad bitey parrot out loose, not an attack parrot, like, but the picture is a little tilted from nerves.

Duffy turned out to be a sweetheart! I still didn’t stick any fingers into her personal space, but she got a little closer, and we said “Hello” and “I love you” to each other a few times before Chickie’s appointment, and Duffy gave an enthusiastic wolf whistle that cracked us all up.

ALSO, friend and fellow writer Mildred Perkins sent me this picture, which she snapped in (on? along?) Sculpture Trails Outdoor Museum. Thanks again, Mildred! This is a beaut!

Thursday Doors is the brain child of Norm Frampton, photographer extraordinaire. Visit his site, enjoy his photographs, click on the blue frog link, and enter a world of doors.

A WRITING PROMPT FROM ME TO YOU: Write about a parrot. Or a sculpture.

One thought on “Three Parrots and a Door #ThursdayDoors

August 10, 2018 at 1:14pm

I love that cabinet! The doors are always open, so Duffy can climb on the wire. There are holes cut in the top, so she can go in and out that way, too. It’s really a parrot entertainment center!
      Marian Allen recently posted..I’m a Resource! #FridayRecommends

1. janet

August 9, 2018 at 10:21am

I really like the recycled cabinet. That last door is fun, but a bit short. šŸ™‚

janet

2. Norm 2.0

August 9, 2018 at 2:29pm

Well I know about Monty Python’s killer bunny but I’d never heard of a killer parrot before. Glad it turned out not to be this one šŸ˜‰
    I love that recycled cabinet – what an awesome idea! I’m sure it makes a comfy home for a feathered friend too.

3. Deborah

August 10, 2018 at 5:58pm

Duffy’s cabinet habitat is wonderful! Great bottom door and friend for sending you the image.

4. joey

August 12, 2018 at 5:07pm

Love the donated door šŸ™‚ So nice when friends care enough to snap and share!

Love that huge repurposed cabinet too! That’s a wonderful way to reuse! And I’m very glad she loves you and is not a bitey bird.

August 13, 2018 at 9:59am

I’m looking forward to Chickie’s booster shot (she probably isn’t) in case I can visit with Duffy again and see what else she can say.

• joey

August 15, 2018 at 8:02pm

Yes. I do see your point šŸ˜‰ It’s not every day one encounters a parrot friend.