Heine Brothers – I Am Not Making That Up #ThursdayDoors

#4 Daughter, the amazing Sara Marian, used to work here. The other day, I was with her in Louisville, Kentucky, and we dropped in for a cuppa. There was nobody there who remembered her, and the same old regulars didn’t recognize her. It was kinda sad, I thought, but she didn’t seem to mind.

Power lines for Peter.
Yes, that’s a tin ceiling!
Picture with doors in.
Pretty door across the street. Also: lights for Joey.
Also across the street:
Louisville’s Oldest Remaining Barber Shop – Since 1926

Thursday Doors is the brainchild of Norm Frampton, photographer extraordinaire. Visit his site, enjoy his photographs, follow his directions, and enter a world of doors.

A WRITING PROMPT FROM ME TO YOU: Someone revisits a place of past employment.

One thought on “Heine Brothers – I Am Not Making That Up #ThursdayDoors

1. Deborah

December 5, 2019 at 3:36pm

That ceiling looks awesome!

2. Norm 2.0

December 5, 2019 at 6:13pm

Gotta love a nice tin ceiling! And hey I’m sure I’m not the only pulling for that Barber Shop to make it to 100 in a few more years πŸ˜‰

3. janet

December 5, 2019 at 6:28pm

I believe it because we stopped at their shop in downtown Louisville when we were last there. πŸ™‚ Good coffee, too. (I also wwent to high school with someone with the last name of Heine. Good German name!)

janet
    janet recently posted..Thursday doors…at the Penn Museum

December 6, 2019 at 10:38am

It is a good German name. The ones who started Heine Brothers are really nice people, too.

4. joey

December 22, 2019 at 10:45am

Joey likes the lights — and the reflections. That place has a nice vibe πŸ™‚
    I had regulars when I worked at the bank a billion years ago — don’t you know I still wonder about them, wonder how they’re doing?

December 22, 2019 at 11:46am

I know you do! That’s a nice thing about living in a small town: We still see or know people who see people we used to see in businesses, even if they switch jobs or retire.

5. Cheryl P

December 29, 2019 at 11:13am

What a cool place. I’ve never been to Kentucky! PS the link in my i fo is for my new site. Youknow me from tropicalaffair. Happy New Year!
    Cheryl P recently posted..Memories and Opportunities

December 29, 2019 at 12:07pm

I know who you are, fer sher! I’ve already followed you to your new blog and signed up for email notifications of new posts. πŸ™‚ I’m expecting palm trees and lizards, but I don’t see how you could bear to leave all that good food you posted about! New good food, I guess! Cheeseburgers in Paradise!