Before Climate Change was a talking point, even before Global Warming was a buzzword, some things were obvious.
- fossil fuels are a finite resource
- humans alter the landscape and ecology, deliberately or as a byproduct of existence
- the more people, the less of any resource for each
- one of the products of life is waste, which means pollution and disease
- cities can be convenient but unhealthy
Whether you “believe” in the clear science of the imminent crisis of climate change or not, all the listed things are undeniable, and all the solutions being proposed for countering climate change would also mitigate those problems.
A great one-stop resource for wrestling with all these problems is The Nature Conservancy. Visit their website for information and click through to their blog for thoughtful articles. Use their Carbon Footprint Calculator, and explore their Take Action suggestions for reducing yours.
A WRITING PROMPT FROM ME TO YOU: Write about a footprint.