What Sweetie Pie Cherishes #CBF16 #Caturday

Sweetie PieSweetie Pie Turner here. My mom is MomGoth’s mom, but MomGoth helps take care of me, so I let her call me kinda her cat.

MomGoth wanted me to take part in this Cherished Blogfest thing she did yesterday, since I post for her on Caturday Saturday.

My most cherished object used to be my Goonie Bird, but I outgrew that. I wanted to use my food dish — WITH FOOD IN IT — but MomGoth said I could do better than that.

So I thought a while, and I finally realized that I cherish my collection of scratchy boxes.

ScratchyBoxesI inherited the one in front from Amidala, MomGoth’s late calico cat. Amidala passed on at the age of 17. I like that one a lot.

I also like to scratch Mom’s new purse, but let that be our secret.

The statue memorializes my late orange foster brother, Ozzie. He died young from a very terrible thing called heartworm. Now MomGoth gives me heartworm medicine every month, so it won’t happen to me.

A WRITING PROMPT FOR ANIMALS: Has another animal ever left you anything?

SPT

One thought on “What Sweetie Pie Cherishes #CBF16 #Caturday

1. Dan Antion

July 30, 2016 at 7:40am

Aw, nice to hear from Sweetie Pie. I think the pocketbook must feel nicer to scratch on, but I guess you have your reasons. MiMi likes to stand in my shoes and scratch the tops.

Thanks Sweetie Pie, for joining us today.
    Dan – cohost – #CBF16

No, being a cohost doesn’t mean that I can feed you, sorry.
    Dan Antion would love to share..One Man’s TrashMy Profile

2. Peter Nena

July 30, 2016 at 7:45am

Hi Marian. I’m one of the cohosts of the Cherished Blogfest 2016 and I want to thank you for participating.
    I like the voice of Sweetie Pie. And I like the name MomGoth. Thanks.

• Marian Allen

July 31, 2016 at 7:47am

Hi, Peter! MomGoth is a nickname I adopted when our #4 Daughter used to hang out at a coffee shop with a bunch of kids the other kids labeled as Goth. She outgrew her depressive tendencies. I was born this way and I’ll always be this way. So I like the name. Oddly, it makes me happy. πŸ™‚
      Marian Allen would love to share..Cosmo’s Cherished Object #CBF16 #SampleSundayMy Profile

3. Mary Giese

July 30, 2016 at 8:40am

Sweetie Pie, you are a good kitty to be scratching on the scratchy boxes. My sister and I love them too, along with the poles on our kitty condos. We need to get those nails nice and sharp to catch flies and knead on our mom’s leg. Have a wonderful Caturday, I give this post two paws up.

Love, Gibbs the cat
    Wannabe Cohost of
    Mary Giese would love to share..The Cherish of a Family BibleMy Profile

July 30, 2016 at 9:33am

Hello, Sweetie Pie.
    Would you believe that my old boy Blackjack wouldn’t play with any new toys I got him? He thought they were mine. And he would never fool with Jane’s stuff. He was a very thoughtful and intelligent cat boy.

UNTIL…I found him a second hand catnip mouse at a yard sale. YAY! He worked that little mousey over until, after a couple years, said mouse was more like a sock mouse, empty of every bit of stuffing. Of course still worth playing with, because is was HIS for sure!

5. Kate Powell

July 30, 2016 at 4:23pm

Hahahaaaa love the post, the ending got me cracking up. Birds, snakes, a full grown live rabbit. That is why our Maine Coon lost his rights to go outside. Sweetie Pie, my cats are quite picky about their toys, Not at all like Dog “throw the ball throw the ball throw the ball” I mean, quite boring, frankly. A fun Cherished posting, from one of the co-hosts of this shindig!

6. Damyanti