CoryDoors — Harrison County Recycling #ThursdayDoors

Since Mom is on an all-liquid formula diet, she uses many-lots of cans. Since she gets mail from every charity organization going, she also generated many-lots of paper trash. So, a couple of times a month, Charlie and I load up The Gothmobile and head for the Harrison County Recycling facility.

Their door is covered with strips of heavy plastic, like industrial-strength runners. It makes it easy to go in and out and probably cuts down the draft during the winter.

That’s The Gothmobile, there, with her hatchback DOOR open.

Inside the facility ain’t pretty, but it gets the job done.

Mighty picky, for a dump.

On the other side of the fence, I found another door, and a picnic table for those who enjoy dining al fresco next to a recycling facility.

This bird family has found their own air conditioned apartment next to the facility’s heat pump.

If the facility is closed, you can use these bins. Lids are kinda sorta doors, aren’t they? Sure, they are!

And so, we bid a fond adieu to the recycling facility, with one last shot of the view across the way for all the industrial-heads in the audience.

This has been (ostensibly) part of Norm Frampton’s Thursday Doors link-up. Visit Norm’s blog for some stunning photography, then click on the blue frog link to add your own Thursday Doors photo(s) or to find other blogs to visit.

A WRITING PROMPT FOR YOU: Write about reusing/recycling something.

One thought on “CoryDoors — Harrison County Recycling #ThursdayDoors

1. Dan Antion

December 8, 2016 at 8:07am

Lids are doors. Well, at least I think so. They open and close, granting or preventing access to the stuff inside. Sounds like a door to me.

2. Norm 2.0

December 8, 2016 at 9:33am

Yes those lids do qualify as doors, at least in my book they do πŸ˜‰
    We’re lucky to have curbside pick-up for garbage and recycling, large household trash, and compostable waste. The only time we have to drive to a facility is for hazardous waste, paint, chemicals, batteries etc….
    Norm 2.0 would love to share..Thursday Doors – December 8, 2016My Profile

3. Ian Cross

December 8, 2016 at 10:24am

Bizarre. But thought provoking. I like the heavy duty PVC strips for a door in the first picture.

4. Jan

December 8, 2016 at 5:27pm

I can’t imagine eating alfresco outside a recycling place but it’s handy for the employees I guess.

December 9, 2016 at 8:18am

Around here, it would have the added benefit of the diners being able to see who recycles and who doesn’t, and what. “Ellie and Hobart Francisco comes in ever week and carries in at least one box that rattles like glass, and they don’t never meet your eye. Now, if that was soda pop, wouldn’t they smile and wave? You tell me.”
      Marian Allen would love to share..A Happy Christmas VideoMy Profile

5. Vicky

December 9, 2016 at 11:45am

Nice one, doors come in all formats!

6. Gordon

December 10, 2016 at 5:33pm

You put a bit – lots of a smile on me as I read this post; quite humorous! Thanks for sharing the lids and other stuff and your humor this week. πŸ™‚