Google Bullies Burger King a Tad #FridayRecommends

Friday RecommendsI am all about the video today. You know how one video leads to another, kinda like potato chips? I mean, like one potato chip leads to another, not like you watch potato chips. Not that there’s anything wrong with that, if you do. I’m not here to judge.

ANYWAY, I’m full of the feels for Burger King this week, which is really, really odd for me. First, somebody in their ad department thought it was a cool idea to rely on Wikipedia for content for an ad. I guess nobody told them that Wikipedia is a crowd-sourced resource. So this happened.

Poor sad bastard.

I think that’s just mean. That’s bullying. And Burger King did this against bullying, which is brilliant.

I told Sara that this made me want to go buy some food at Burger King. I would throw it away, because I hate their food, but I want to give them money to show my appreciation of that spot.

Now, if you have a couple of days to spare, check out The New York Times’ Science videos, beginning with this one about the brilliant-thighed poison frog. Betcha can’t watch just one.

A WRITING PROMPT BASED ON MY POST: Write about bullying. Or frogs. Or bullfrogs.

One thought on “Google Bullies Burger King a Tad #FridayRecommends

1. joey

October 27, 2017 at 9:08am

“…made me want to go buy some food at Burger King. I would throw it away, because I hate their food, but I want to give them money to show my appreciation of that spot.” YES. Omaword, when we lived in Georgia, there was a BK on post, one of two (Popeyes) with a drive-thru and my whole family was all, “OH EM GEE CHICKEN STICKS!” and “FLAME-BROILED GOODNESS!” and I was all “HORK!” I haven’t eaten there in about ten years. I forget what I ate there, I think just onion rings. Mama can go home and have a nice bowl of Rice Krispies without intestinal distress, thank you very much.

October 27, 2017 at 9:57am

The only fast food hamburgers I ever eat are White Castles. I know, right? When I was preggers, White Castles settled my stomach better than Tums. I was raised on ’em. I guess it’s like Mithridates, who ate a little poison every day until he was immune to it.
      Marian Allen recently posted..Google Bullies Burger King a Tad #FridayRecommends

• joey

October 28, 2017 at 11:42am

I kid you not, Marian. I read this email upon waking from my super long and deep nap yesterday, and then I went out and got White Castles. I eat those now and again, and maybe once or twice a year I’ll eat a McD’s cheeseburger. Usually when we travel. The Mister hates White Castle and I can’t figure what’s wrong with him.

• Pete Laberge

October 27, 2017 at 9:16pm

Being a BK addict, I have to yell, NOOOO!!! I’ll eat it for you! I like 3 of their products. The Whopper, the Chicken Sandwich, and the Fish Burger Whaler. Keep away from chicken sticks. Their nuggets are edible, though, I have had them a few times, as some sort of freebie I won.
      But please do not bully people or burgers.

When I was a kid I was brutally bullied, and I am 61 now. It has taken me years to only partly get over it. But I am OK. And, NO, Thank You. I do not need a “Safe Space”. The real world is NOT safe.

October 29, 2017 at 9:25am

Fortunately, my blog is about as far from the real world as you can get without th use of illicit pharmaceuticals. I’m sorry you were brutally treated. I was bullied, too, but more offhand in passing than targeted and malicious. The worst part was the adults who faulted me for complaining.
        Marian Allen recently posted..Theofric Loses Control #SampleSunday

• pete laberge

October 29, 2017 at 1:36pm

In my case, the adults ignored it all happening. The Penguin Nuns viewed it as “God’s Will”. Riiight!
          Anyhow. I survived. Glad you did too.

2. RAACKERMAN, PhD, EA

October 27, 2017 at 10:16am

So, I LOVE Burger King for its breakfast and the fact that it has a vegetarian burger. Not many fast food choices for me. But, Burger King works. And, i love Tim Hortons, too! (I don’t like the game they played to avoid US taxes, though.)

And, this commercial about bullying is simply perfect
    RAACKERMAN, PhD, EA recently posted..Over and Over and Over Again

• P Laberge

October 27, 2017 at 9:20pm

We used to have a Veggie Burger up here, They took it away. And they used to have “Burger Buddies” I miss that, too. They had chili, but it was horrid. Wendy’s has good chili.
        GREAT POST. Must figure out how to share.