Two Scary Things #Caturday

Hi, there! I’m Tipper Allen, and guess what?

The scariest thing happened the other night! Momma and Poppa were sitting around watching the talky box, when this horrible sound came from outside, like a ROAR! It didn’t sound like anything any of us had ever heard before. Dogs were barking like crazy, too.

Momma opened the back door and listened, and said, “That sounds like a bear!” Poppa said, “What is that?” And Momma said, “It’s a bear!

I ran down into the basement and hid.

Momma said, “There’s a light in the front yard. I think it’s a car.”

She ran to let the person in, so they wouldn’t get eaten by the bear. I was right under where the porch is, so I could hear it was a man.

He said, “We were coon hunting and our dogs got away from us and came on your land. We’re just rounding them up. Is that okay?”

Momma and Poppa said that it was fine. That sound came again. Poppa said, “What’s that?” The man said, “That’s one of the dogs. He’s a little hoarse.”

Momma said, “I thought it was a bear,” and the men had a chuckle. That made me kind of mad, ’cause it did sound like a bear!

I didn’t come back upstairs for about three hours, in case the bear dog came back!

And now something even scarier: Momma’s gone! Poppa said she went to a thing called an Authors Fair. I hope she comes back! What if she decides to run away and be an author? Then what would I do?

Poppa doesn’t seem to be worried, so I guess I should relax. Here’s a picture of me, trying to relax.

I’m not doing a very good job, I don’t think.

A WRITING PROMPT FOR ANIMALS: What does your hooman do that scares you?

TA

One thought on “Two Scary Things #Caturday

1. Mary J Giese

April 29, 2017 at 11:49am

Tipper, you look more relaxed on a bad day than I do on a good day. Keep trying, sweetie, sleep and relaxation are just around the corner for you.

• Marian Allen

April 30, 2017 at 8:13am

He’s fine, now that I’m back. 🙂 A couple of minutes ago, he was so relaxed that he would have fallen off the couch, if I hadn’t caught him! lol

2. My cats would tell you that the sound of opening trash bags is akin to bear barks 😉
    Have you seen the video where the guy in the cat mask approaches his cats? HAHAHA!
    Ever since I read about that bear in southern Indiana, what was that, two summers ago? I am freaked out. I know, I live in the city… Seriously, will the bears cross 465? Am I even safe?!?
    Joey would love to share..SoCS — YardMy Profile

3. Deborah

April 29, 2017 at 8:47pm

LOL! That’s a funny story. That coon huntin dog must have really been hoarse. I’m glad it wasn’t a bear. I’ve seen a few from a distance and that’s just the way I like it! 🙂

We are far from bears where I live, but we do get an occasional mountain lion down here. I worry a bit about them when hiking, but so far have only seen a bobcat and coyotes. That works!
    Deborah would love to share..Wordless Wednesday 17/52 Pipevine Swallowtail ButterflyMy Profile

• Marian Allen

April 30, 2017 at 8:18am

Deborah, you make my blood run cold! Mountain lions, bobcats, and coyotes, oh, my! I’d hire an armed escort to get from the house to the car — which would be a Sherman tank! lol

4. A.C.Flory

April 29, 2017 at 10:25pm

We don’t get big, roaring type beasts down here, just the smaller, sneakier kind – like snakes and spiders and crocodiles. To be honest, this far south, we don’t get the crocs. or the worst of the poisonous snakes and spiders either…for which I am truly thankful. If we had bears, I’d be down there in the basement too, Tipper. 🙂

• Marian Allen

April 30, 2017 at 9:19am

Man, you guys are making my hair stand on end! I’d rather come face to face with a gang of bears wearing black leather jackets and sporting switchblades than snakes, spiders, and crocodiles!!!

• Marian Allen

April 30, 2017 at 9:20am

He plays hard and he relaxes hard, Damy. I just had to catch him to keep him from rolling off the couch. lol

5. Kevin Foresman

June 9, 2017 at 9:35pm

That is hilarious… my feline friend Lilac loved the story too… I read it out loud. I think you have two new fans… meow!