Color Me Kindle

I finally bit the bullet and joined the Kindleboards. Fora scare me spitless, and it’s not just because the late great Bob Iles and I got kicked off one. I can’t figure out how to know if somebody has posted something interesting without reading a bazillion posts, or how to reply to somebody who replied to somebody else or…. It does not compute. I feel like my brain is about to asplode. But Imma try.

If you’re on Kindleboards, I have two topics for my writing:

Eel’s Reverence

my short stories

So, if you ARE on Kindleboards, pop in and say hello to me and keep me from freaking out. Post your topic or Kindleboards profile or book page link in the comments, and let’s get to know each other over there.

WRITING PROMPT: A character and a friend get bounced from a gathering.

One thought on “Color Me Kindle

February 17, 2011 at 3:18pm

Mindy, yes, Kindleboards is a forum. I guess if I can navigate Facebook, I can handle a forum. I’m going to give it a good solid try, anyway!

1. Sarah G

February 17, 2011 at 9:13am

Believe it or not, my best friend in high school and I were kicked out of the school LIBRARY! We were having too good a time discussing the books and got loud. Very embarrassing.

Now you’ve gotten me curious, though. What sort of gathering WOULD my straight-laced vampire be ejected from? Hmm.
    Sarah G would love to share..Review- Snow BlindMy Profile

February 17, 2011 at 3:19pm

Sarah, the Southern Indiana Writers Group has been kicked out of a library, too, and warned to pipe down at another. That was a whole PASSLE of us, though, not just two. lol!

February 18, 2011 at 6:39am

Hi, Marian. Remember when we were ejected from the secret SCA meeting room at a Rivercon? Along with (famous artist) Kelly Freas? And he said come on, and we went to his room, and he sketched pix of us and GAVE them to us???

February 18, 2011 at 9:12am

LOL! Yes, I certainly do! And he handed me the one of me and I was like, “This isn’t me–this is my MOTHER!” Looked dead like her.

Yeah, some of my best memories are of being tossed out of places. I just wish I could remember them. heh!

3. Jean Henry Mead

February 23, 2011 at 1:01pm

There are so many social media outlets that I can’t keep up. Best of luck on the boards, Marian. I think you do a terrific job of not only informing other writers but promoting yourself!

February 23, 2011 at 6:14pm

Thank you for the kind words! I can’t keep up, either, so I just pick one or two and get comfortable and then add another. I have so much fun interacting with people, then I suddenly go, “Oh, yeah, I’m supposed to be telling them they can buy my books, too!” lol!