Goodbye To All Ants

Sounds like the title of a P. G. Wodehouse story, doesn’t it? But it isn’t; it’s a Handy Household Tip. Shut up — YES, from ME.

Anyway, so far, this is working. Talcum powder. Scented talcum powder. Apparently, it messes up the ants’ scent-trail superpower and makes them go, “Ewww! Run away! Run away!”

So, even though talcum powder strewn all over the chimney looks really really stupid, we’re doing it, because it looks a lot better than armies of ants coming out of the cracks between the bricks like the DT scene in The Lost Weekend. If only Leiningen had known about this.

I’m posting today at Fatal Foodies with a product review that is … shall we say, “not positive”?

WRITING PROMPT: A character has a running battle with something in nature.

One thought on “Goodbye To All Ants

February 14, 2012 at 10:46am

A product called Terro will really wipe out those bad invaders, too. (That’s the correct spelling.)

2. Xavier

February 14, 2012 at 2:57pm

Hi, talcum powder is a very useful cosmetic. Which company has manufactured it?
    thanks……
    Xavier
    Xavier would love to share..How To Get A GirlfriendMy Profile

February 14, 2012 at 4:27pm

Xavier, talcum powder is common around here. This particular brand is made for a local store. You may know it as baby powder or Shower-to-Shower.

3. Nicholle Olores

February 14, 2012 at 7:56pm

Hi Marian, thanks for introducing that product. Anyway, love you writing prompt now. 🙂
    Nicholle Olores would love to share..Timber DoorsMy Profile

February 15, 2012 at 8:02am

Thanks, Nicholle! The talcum powder is working well, so far. We get overrun with ants in the summer, so that will be the true test!

4. Dean Diaz

February 14, 2012 at 11:41pm

I really appreciate your passion in writing as you share great pieces of information to all of your readers. Anyways, back to the topic posted its all about ants invasion and how to get rid of them. The one you’ve suggested is really good not only in the budget but also helps the environment in own little way.

February 15, 2012 at 8:06am

Dean, I do really like using a product that isn’t poison, but just encourages the ants to go back outside. 🙂

5. Sarah Reece

February 16, 2012 at 3:24am

I’ve used some ant killer bait powders in the past as I get so frustrated with the sight of ants crawling around my kitchen. The idea of using a talc to shove them away is new to me. Will definitely try this out, at least it saves me from the guilt of having killed those tiny animals.
    Sarah Reece would love to share..Bluehost DiscountMy Profile

February 16, 2012 at 7:08am

Sarah, I know — They’re just doing what they do, right? And I put fresh or dried mint around where I don’t want mice. That seems to work, too.