Birthplace of The King #ThursdayDoors #TBT

Yes, the King. THE King.Elvis plaqueWhen Charlie and I went to San Antonio some years back, I talked him into detouring to Tupelo, Mississippi to see Elvis’ birthplace. This was mostly because my pal, Pat, loves Elvis, but partly because I always liked the boy, especially when he was young.

Imagine my delight when I found it was not just a house, it was a tiny house!

front

front

back

back

Nothing to do but go in.

Going in

The docent said the house dated from the time when people did most of their living outdoors and a house was just a shelter to eat and sleep in. Two tiny rooms: a bedroom/sitting room and a kitchen.

Elvis Chair

Elvis stove

And badda-bing, badda-boom, I was out the back door.

Going outThis has been part of Norm Frampton’s Thursday Doors link-up. Head on over there and see where everybody else has been.

A WRITING PROMPT FOR YOU: Write about a character who comes from humble beginnings and becomes mega-million rich.

One thought on “Birthplace of The King #ThursdayDoors #TBT

January 14, 2016 at 9:00am

That reminds me. Should I get a lottery ticket when i go to the store today???
    Having a ticket would only marginally increase my chances of winning, but…..

Love the tour of the Presley house. In and out. (Nice photos of you, BTW)

January 14, 2016 at 9:42am

ABSOLUTELY get a lottery ticket. And having a ticket increases your chances of winning by an incalculably large factor, since you CANNOT BY ANY ODDS win if you don’t have a ticket, right? ๐Ÿ™‚
      Marian Allen would love to share..THE KING OF CHEROKEE CREEKMy Profile

2. Deb

January 14, 2016 at 11:48am

What a fun door for today! I have never seen a pic of Elvis’s birthplace – I really appreciate it, Marian!

January 14, 2016 at 12:12pm

I knew he came from humble beginnings, but I never dreamed his birthplace was so tiny! No wonder he bought his mama a mansion as soon as he got money!
      Marian Allen would love to share..TURTLE FEATHERSMy Profile

3. norm 2.0

January 14, 2016 at 12:30pm

Good one Marian. I guess we all know about the Graceland years but I had no idea his childhood home in Tupelo had been kept up.
    I like learning lots of new things every Thursday ๐Ÿ˜‰

January 14, 2016 at 12:32pm

Thursdays have become days of discovery, Norm. Thanks for setting up the link-up. ๐Ÿ™‚
      Marian Allen would love to share..SAGEMy Profile

4. Jesh StG

January 14, 2016 at 2:24pm

It’s much more humble than I thought it would be! Also since he bought his mother a house.
    Jesh StG would love to share..DREAM BIGMy Profile

January 18, 2016 at 8:22am

I’m crazy about tiny houses! I would probably be even crazier if I actually had to live in one, but I love seeing how people accommodate themselves in them. The first I knew about these tiny living spaces was in an article I read about Japanese student apartments that were about the size of a book locker. Sometimes I relax by drawing VERY amateur “blueprints” of tiny houses and imagining living there.
      Marian Allen would love to share..5 Reasons To Do @AprilAtoZ and 5 Reasons I’m NotMy Profile