I’d Like To Make A Comment #FoundPoem

Here’s another heartfelt First World Problem from the phone line of our Blue-Ribbon Weekly newspaper.

I’d Like To Make A Comment
by Anonymous Caller

I’d like to make a comment
about a driver
that comes from around
Union Chapel
to Old 135
in the mornings
with that loud
motor or muffler.5-30
It keeps waking me up,
and I don’t need to be woke up
at that time,
5:30.
How about
finding another route
to 135 or
get you a motor
that don’t make
all that noise.
I’d appreciate it.

~*~

I’m posting today at Fatal Foodies about a quick vegan soup that was super-good.

A WRITING PROMPT FOR YOU: Someone consistently wakes your character up at an inconvenient hour.

One thought on “I’d Like To Make A Comment #FoundPoem

February 9, 2016 at 9:30am

The whole time I lived over on Coral Avenue, there was a guy who’d come by with his thump-thump stereo going. Now this was basically in a holler, and I was up on the side in a well-insulated house. EVERY time he came by, I could FEEL that stereo. From INSIDE his car. I am going to have to guess that his hearing did not improve over the course of a decade and a half!

2. Dan

February 9, 2016 at 10:03am

I am always amazed at how long I can hear a motorcycle screaming from our local street out to the highway. I can actually tell where he is based on the acceleration pattern. Still, I don’t think I’m going to write a letter to the paper over that.
    Dan recently posted..Is the Office Open?

3. Shelly

February 9, 2016 at 10:31pm

I live WAY out in the country near Middletown, California on a dead end road and part of the cleanup from the #ValleyFire is getting rid of all the burnt up trees in our forest, it’s a $17,000,000+ contract. Lucky me they have decided to stage all these logging trucks, from Florida, right outside of my bedroom window. I actually shouldn’t really complain about it, but I do (to myself and anyone that’ll listen). Our road is a hot mess, more potholes and patch than road.
    Shelly recently posted..How to Cook Southern Turnip Greens

February 10, 2016 at 9:12am

Maybe they’ll remake the road when they’re through with it. Ask them for their mulch; free mulch is good. Just trying to find a silver lining for ya. heh
      Marian Allen recently posted..Fried Soup

4. Patricia Stoltey

February 10, 2016 at 10:53am

It’s even worse when the culprit is your own cat who has the loudest meow in town and announces she’s dying of hunger starting before 6 a.m. It’s really hard to reason with a hungry cat.
    Patricia Stoltey recently posted..How to Identify Dragging Narrative

February 10, 2016 at 1:54pm

Oh, the bad kitty! Keep a bag of treats by your bed and give her one to shut her up. Or would that only make her worse? Oops! Sorry!
      Marian Allen recently posted..Fried Soup