My #Minecraft Castle In The Air

I got all the stuff I wanted, so I ditched the lapiz-and-gold world and generated a new one. It’s a jungle biome, where I’m hoping to eventually see an ocelot. I don’t know if they’ve been added to this flavor of Minecraft, but they’re bound to come eventually.

Get this: I spawned underwater. What’s up with that? I swam to shore, but still. You know what that means, don’t you? If I die before I sleep, I respawn in the same place; in this case, underwater.

Fortunately, there are sheep (and, irrelevantly to my point, cows), so I was able to make a bed, meaning that I could reset my spawn point. But fun’s fun, so I decided to build a house over where I spawned. I meant to build one on exactly the same spot, with a basement underwater so, when I respawned, I’d be dry and laughing.

But I forgot because I got interested in building a house floating in the air. That was fun.

castleintheair1That one block all by its lonesome in the lower left is floating in the air, as is the house. The house is built with fences (for the jungle breezes to blow through) and jungle wood chunks.

How do you build a house in the air? You build blocks or fence posts up as high as you want, then put a slab or a block on top of that, then knock out the supports. The slab or block stays in place, then you add more slabs or blocks in the directions you want to go. My house is high enough that I can row my boat under it.

castleintheair2There’s a hole in the wall there so I can fish from my house.

Now all I need is an ocelot. Here, kitty, kitty!

I’m posting at Fatal Foodies today about a Spinach Salad Wif Crunchy Bits In.

A WRITING PROMPT FOR YOU: Write a character who lives with no visible means of support. Or in a jungle.

One thought on “My #Minecraft Castle In The Air

April 19, 2016 at 11:59am

When the kids were little, they had these Richard Scarry Puzzletown sets, with grids and pieces of heavy cardboard you could put together into buildings, with some leeway for individual placement, and plastic figures of Richard Scarry characters. Lowly Worm was everybody’s favorite. We could spend hours building our town — getting quite creative sometimes. I enjoyed the building SO much more than I did playing stories after the town was built. 🙂
      Marian Allen would love to share..A DEAD GUY AT THE SUMMERHOUSEMy Profile

April 19, 2016 at 2:50pm

The kids had three of the four sets: Town Hall, Alfalfa’s Farm, and Dr. Lion’s Clinic. There were three children, so there were three sets. By the time #4 was born, the sets were no longer being made and we weren’t internetted yet, so we have no Hucklecat’s Cottage, alas! We don’t have much of the rest of it, by the time bits fell down the heat register, the dog chewed bits up, furious parental clean-ups got pieces mixed in with other pieces…. Oh, speaking of which, #4 and I increased the cast by adding random animals. I found some a while back and showed them to her and she remembered them immediately!
          Marian Allen would love to share..Free ReadsMy Profile

April 19, 2016 at 2:57pm

Back before email, I wrote them a letter (!) on paper (!!) and they replied and said they didn’t make them any more. Playskool, I think. But you might turn one up online somewhere. Go for it!
            Marian Allen would love to share..SAGEMy Profile

April 19, 2016 at 10:07am

I see the delightful challenge of re-spawn.
    Thanks for sharing your jungle house IN THE AIR with us!

April 19, 2016 at 12:02pm

I might see if I can build a house underwater. That would be fun. 🙂 Should I build it out of jungle wood or oak wood? Planks or logs? Or should I use cobblestone? Or polished stone? Or granite? Or clay? Or bricks? Or sandstone?
      Marian Allen would love to share..TURTLE FEATHERSMy Profile