razzamatazz #FoundPoem

Sometimes I love living in this little town, and other times…. At least this week’s caller to our weekly newspaper’s phone line is from a different little town, where he was an official. Yes. And at least he has the courage of his convictions and identifies himself on the anonymous call-in line, which most people don’t. So I give him props for that.

razzamatazz
by Alvin Brown

razzamatazzThis is Alvin (Brown)
calling in from Palmyra.
I’ve been watching
all the news and
listening to all
. . .this
. . . . razzamatazz
about these illegal aliens.
There’s too many of them
coming in our country,
and I want to know
when our elected officials
are going to do
something about it.
It is running the country down.
We can’t consume all these people.

~*~

He’s right, you know. Me — one, two illegal aliens at the most, and I’m full.

I know it isn’t funny, but sometimes I laugh to keep from going berserk.

I’m posting today at Fatal Foodies about a thing I cooked. Not very descriptive or intriguing, but it is what it is.

A WRITING PROMPT FOR YOU: Write about an ignorant bigot. Not saying Mr. Brown IS one, mind you, just throwing the prompt out there for you to consume or not, as you choose.

One thought on “razzamatazz #FoundPoem

June 21, 2016 at 10:11am

Thanks so much.
    I really needed a good gut laugh.
    Gut.
    Get it?

2. Ginny Fleming

June 21, 2016 at 2:03pm

How do I confirm I’m not a spammer or haven’t recently eaten Spam brought into the country & prepared by an illegal alien? And why do these Spam eating aliens — the illegal ones — even bother to truck that stuff across the galaxy? It doesn’t go well with Tang. Better they should tour the wineries and search out a good moscato to go with their illegal Spam. But back to my original question: How do I confirm I’m not a spammer?

June 21, 2016 at 5:29pm

I don’t know, G! Click in a checkbox? I’ll have to log out of my admin page and put on a false mustache and visit the site pretending to be someone else, to see what the deal is. Meanwhile, I’ve whitelisted you. Because: you.
      Marian Allen would love to share..razzamatazz #FoundPoemMy Profile

3. Dan

June 21, 2016 at 4:15pm

I have to limit myself to just one? That doesn’t seem fair. I don’t write about them because they aren’t in my audience and their audience refuses to listen to reason.
    Dan would love to share..My Father’s PlanMy Profile

4. Alicia Butcher Ehrhardt

June 21, 2016 at 4:27pm

I will have to catch up with your prompts one of these days – they sound so tasty.

Maybe I should join them with the goal of writing a Drabble – 100 words of fiction – on a regular basis.

Two birds, and all that.

Coming up with an idea for a Drabble takes energy – I could just steal yours.

I’ll try later today – if the pressure goes down a bit!
    Alicia Butcher Ehrhardt would love to share..Incident at Caleta Beach – a persistent memoryMy Profile

June 21, 2016 at 5:31pm

You can’t steal my prompts, Alicia, because they’re yours for the taking. πŸ™‚ I write the post first, then make up a prompt based on it for other people to play with. πŸ™‚ Here’s hoping your pressure recedes long enough for you to play!
      Marian Allen would love to share..LONNIE, ME AND THE HOUND OF HELLMy Profile