#ThursdayDoors From an Undisclosed Location

These doors are on our #2 Daughter’s place. She’s no fan of social media, and she IS a fan of privacy, so that’s all I’mma say about that.

Oh, and this post is part of Norm Frampton’s Thursday Doors link-up. Read his post and click on the little blue frog button to find Thursday Doors posts from all over the world.

First of all, I give you the door to the cat house.

No2Cathouse1Maybe you can see the enclosed bridge leading from a cat-flapped window over to the enclosure. Inside are chairs, ramps, ledges, hammocks, food and water dishes, toys, and stone flooring. In addition, there are bird baths and bird feeders outside, for the cats’ viewing pleasure.

Here’s a better picture of the door.

No2Cathouse2It has to have a padlock, because the cats pushed the door open without it, and the idea was to a) protect them from the traffic and the hawks and b) protect everything else from them.

Here is a denizen, avoiding publicity by ducking behind a coneflower. I caught him, nevertheless.

No2Cathouse3On the opposite side of the drive is another door.

No2Coop1More of a gate, really.

I tried to get a picture of the door to the structure inside this enclosure, but the encircling growth is as thick as that around Sleeping Beauty’s castle, so this is the best I could do without plunging knee-deep into chiggerland.

No2Coop2So why didn’t I just go in and get the picture?

This guy.

No2Coop3JackThis is Jack, who would just as soon peck you to death as iron yer shirt. Although he’s a gorgeous bully and a loud-crowing attention hog, he’s a fierce protector of his harem. Godzilla would probably hesitate to tangle with Jack. Consequently, we have to content ourselves, in this photojournal, with catching what glimpses we can. It adds to the glamour.

Sporting colors similar to Jack’s, yet making a lot less noise, I found these. They have no door associated with them, but they’re just so beautiful, I had to share them with you, too.

A WRITING PROMPT FOR YOU: Write about a fierce protector.

One thought on “#ThursdayDoors From an Undisclosed Location

July 14, 2016 at 7:52am

I want a cat house!!

July 14, 2016 at 8:00am

Isn’t it great? Once her husband learned to duck instead of crashing his head into the catwalk, it’s been great!
      Marian Allen would love to share..SAGEMy Profile

2. norm 2.0

July 14, 2016 at 10:32am

Well that was a fun tour! What a terrific idea for the cats to be outside and still safe.
    Around our place several neighbors let their cats roam free at night and a few of them use our back yard garden as a litter box πŸ™
    norm 2.0 would love to share..Thursday Doors – July 14, 2016My Profile

3. Jesh StG

July 14, 2016 at 4:53pm

To protect form hawks? That would be a good reason! Before I read your narrative, I thought maybe she was planning on a green house. I understand privacy, I am one like her!
    Hope you’re enjoying your summer. Lat week I posted the carb shack, and I never would have thought of it, if I wouldn’t have seen your post:)
    Jesh StG would love to share..AMADOR COUNTYMy Profile

4. Jean Reinhardt

July 14, 2016 at 6:08pm

What an unusual collection for this week – loved them all. That enclosure is a great idea for keeping a cat safe.
    Jean Reinhardt would love to share..Thursday DoorsMy Profile

July 15, 2016 at 8:54am

I love it that they can go in and out at will. And #2 Daughter and the cats can keep each other company while she’s working outside, but the cats can’t break her heart by bringing her dead critters out of love.
      Marian Allen would love to share..TURTLE FEATHERSMy Profile