#Vegan Q So Good You’ll Wanna Slap A Pig

As I often point out, I’m not a vegan. I’m not even a vegetarian. Charlie and I just don’t eat much meat, and less and less all the time.

One of the things I do miss? Barbecued pork. I do love that stuff.

So I decided to try this and, when I did, the angels sang and bursts of light and cartoon stars whirled around my head. I felt like a Peter Max poster, I swear I did.

Morningstar Farms Hickory BBQ Riblets

The Morningstar Farms page says, “Tender veggie protein slathered with a sweet and smoky barbecue sauce.” Truer words were never spoken, because I’mma tell you what: it made me happy.

Even if you aren’t a tiny little bit veg-anything, give this stuff a try and see what you think. I give it two forks up.

A WRITING PROMPT FOR YOU: A character eats something and then finds out it’s something other than he/she thought. (Meatloaf again?)

One thought on “#Vegan Q So Good You’ll Wanna Slap A Pig

1. Dan Antion

August 3, 2016 at 7:46am

I love the title. I’m not sure I’ll give these a try. I don’t eat BBQ very often, and when I do, we have two great places nearby to choose from. But, if my daughter ever serves it, I’d happily give it a shot. Then slap the pig.
    Dan Antion would love to share..One-Liner Wednesday – LimitationsMy Profile

August 3, 2016 at 8:53am

My favorite BBQ place used to be at Bardstown and Highland. They made the best, smokiest meats and served the sauce on the side. Yum.

BTW, the Walgreens’ soda shop, catty-cornered to this store, was where my Mom and Dad met!

August 3, 2016 at 11:12am

Mmmm, sounds delicious! I like the sauce on the side thing.

So did you guys go to the Q place because of the happy associations, or did they meet at the soda shop because they were in the area for the Q?
      Marian Allen would love to share..TURTLE FEATHERSMy Profile

• Jane

August 4, 2016 at 8:49am

The Q place post-dated the sacred meet-up by a couple decades, I’d say. Mom worked at the Walgreens and Dad lived a short way up Highland, renting a room. I don’t know where she lived then. Probably nearby?

3. Roy A Ackerman, PhD, EA

August 3, 2016 at 4:22pm

Just so folks know- Morning Star may not be vegan. (Not just because they lack kosher supervision, but their ingredients fail the test. And, all vegan products would be deemed to be kosher.)
    But, you only wanted a great meal- and your got your multi-colored experience!
    Roy A Ackerman, PhD, EA would love to share..Too Pricey For Me?My Profile

4. Alana

August 3, 2016 at 6:23pm

Interesting, but I doubt very much they are non GMO (the soy). Someone will find fault with almost every processed product, I know. As I have never been a vegan and lapsed out of vegetarianism years ago, I’ll stick to meat BBQ. But nice to know this is out there.
    Alana would love to share..Summer Ramblings – The Bright Colors of SummerMy Profile

August 4, 2016 at 8:39am

You’re right about the GMO soy, Alana. They’re catching flak for that, but I hear conflicting things about the good/bad/indifferent-ness of GMO. As most commenters on vegan review sites say, though, it’s great for an occasional treat in spite of its drawbacks (high sugar, sodium, cholesterol). A serving is indicated as one of the two packets in the box; my husband and I share one packet between us, just for an accent to our veg. 🙂
      Marian Allen would love to share..Doorways to Wonder #ThursdayDoors at #FandomFestMy Profile

5. Mary Pax

August 3, 2016 at 7:03pm

I like their ‘chicken’ burgers a lot. I’ll have to try those.