By Merritt’s — Cars and Trains #ThursdayDoors

I took the Gothmobile to Merritt’s in Georgetown, Indiana for her regular pre-event-travel checkup. Now, Merritt’s is a most excellent car shop, but its doors were not chosen for aesthetics.

It does, however, have a train track directly across the road. So I snapped a couple of pics for Dan.

Then I turned around and saw these doors, both car and garage.

Ain’t that a beaut?

These guys are not so happy. I don’t know if they await restoration or if they face cannibalization for parts.

And, between the sad ones and the proud one, this product placement paradise. The neon sign on the window says Studebaker.

Thursday Doors is the inspiration of Norm Frampton. Visit his blog, view his extraordinary photos, click the blue frog link at the bottom of his Thursday Door posting, and find links to doors all over the world.

A WRITING PROMPT FOR YOU: A character doesn’t find something they’re looking for, looks at something else, then finds exactly what they were looking for in the first place.

One thought on “By Merritt’s — Cars and Trains #ThursdayDoors

1. Dan

July 13, 2017 at 7:09am

See what good things happen Shan you stop to look at a train? You got some great doors and signs and cars. And, of course, you got to see a train rumble past. Thanks for the mention. I am all aboard the train today at my place.
    Dan would love to share..Thursday Doors – Railroad DoorsMy Profile

2. I take train pictures for Dan, too. And cranes sometimes. I prefer the trains myself 😛
    I think the doors are doors of interest. Are they mirrored insets or is that just reflection in good light? I’m growing weary of door snobs always in search of fancy doors. Bleh, door snobs, bleh.
    I do like these cars. They have interesting faces.

July 13, 2017 at 10:44am

YES, I love cars with faces! 😀 That’s just reflection. The door shows a reflection of me taking a picture. The window shows a ghost of a heavy-set older lady with a non-digital camera around her neck and a little black dog next to her. Not the first ghost I’ve photographed in a window.
      Marian Allen would love to share..By Merritt’s — Cars and Trains #ThursdayDoorsMy Profile

3. Deborah

July 13, 2017 at 7:46pm

I love that first car, and the two rusty ones would be great for macro photography and lighting up for night photography. Who says I don’t know how to have fun? 🙂

4. dymoon

July 14, 2017 at 8:38am

I’m getting such a high with all the trains this week and now old cars… best breakfast ever… =^_^=

5. Domin

July 24, 2017 at 7:59am

Hello it’s me again.
    May I know the name/type of those fun-looking cars? I want to search for more on the internet. It would be nice if you could do so. Thank you!
    -Domin

6. Domin

July 24, 2017 at 12:01pm

After some time looking up Google, looks like those cars are “rat rod muscle car” – Thanks for your suggestion. Have a nice day.
    -Domin