CoryDoors – Frederick’s Again #ThursdayDoors

Frederick’s is a nifty little place in downtown (for a given value of “downtown”) Corydon. When we first moved here, it was Donahue’s, where Mom and I went three times a year for the best prime rib anybody ever ate. When Mr. Donahue retired, he took his recipes with him, dammit. But then a really good Mexican restaurant opened there. I don’t remember the name, because us locals call it El Donahue’s. Now it’s Frederick’s, which makes a killer-good breakfast and pretty good lunch. Closed for dinner.

ANYWAY, you know me and terlits (I’m a connoisseur), so I took a picture of the doors.

The alcove in the middle holds the sink for both Gentlemen and Ladies. I don’t know where the Hos and ManHos are supposed to go.

I also don’t know what’s painted on the wall inside the Gentlemen’s room (remiss of me — I’ll have to correct that sometime), but this is in the Ladies’.

The flowers are all leaning toward the Necessary Convenience, as if lending their aid to a ladylike denial of natural bodily functions. Charming.

This has been (just barely) part of Norm Frampton’s Thursday Doors link-up. Visit Norm’s gorgeous blog, view his wonderful photographs, and click the blue frog link to enter a world of doors.

A WRITING PROMPT BASED ON MY POST: Write about flowers in surprising places.

One thought on “CoryDoors – Frederick’s Again #ThursdayDoors

1. joey

November 30, 2017 at 7:05am

That was cheerful and made me LOL several times! Thanks for the laughs! Leave it to you to make new ways with terlit humor 😛

2. Daniel Antion

November 30, 2017 at 10:41am

I like a little whimsy around those necessary functions. If you brighten up that place, you know you’re going to make most of your customers smile.

3. janet

November 30, 2017 at 1:07pm

What? You haven’t been in the men’s room? You’d best fix that soon or have your husband take a few shots. 🙂 And although all those restaurant types sound great, there’s something wonderful about a killer breakfast.

janet

November 30, 2017 at 1:44pm

I know, right? Charlie would never take a picture in the Gentlemen’s room, but I sure will, next time! Oh, their breakfast! Sausage gravy over biscuits with home fries on the side — enough for us both to share! Mmmmmmm….
      Marian Allen recently posted..CoryDoors – Frederick’s Again #ThursdayDoors

4. Norm 2.0

November 30, 2017 at 2:31pm

Thanks for the chuckles. Now you’re just going to have to march into the men’s room and start taking pictures there too!!
    😀

December 1, 2017 at 7:17am

It wouldn’t be the first men’s room I’ve marched into. At the Carnegie Deli in NYC, I was waiting in line for the Ladies’, and one of the waiters looked at me like I was nuts and said, “If the Men’s is empty, use that.” He walked away, shaking his head at these crazy Midwestern tourists.
      Marian Allen recently posted..Revert and Divide Albino Blacksheep #FridayRecommends