Frankfort Ave Again #ThursdayDoors

We meet once a month on Frankfort Avenue for Janie Day. My late friend Jane’s brother, some of her friends, and I meet for lunch in memory of her, always on Frankfort Avenue, because it’s packed with interesting places.

Lots of doors to photograph.

These are not all doors, of course. Some are gates, some are windows, some are walls I like the looks of.

And a piece of heavy equipment, for our heavy equipment fans.

Thursday Doors is the brainchild of Norm Frampton, photographer extraordinaire. Visit his site, enjoy his wonderful photographs, follow his directions, and enter a world of doors.

A WRITING PROMPT FROM ME TO YOU: Write about a door, a gate, and a wall.

One thought on “Frankfort Ave Again #ThursdayDoors

November 21, 2019 at 8:18am

My youngest daughter certainly did when she was wee. I still can’t pass one of those things without thinking, “Tooth machine!!”

1. Ally Bean

November 21, 2019 at 11:31am

A square wreath? Not sure I’m grooving on that idea, but nice pics.

2. janet

November 21, 2019 at 2:33pm

You did find some colorful door, Marian. I find the top photo on the right intriguing because unless you look carefully, it appears to be just a flat front with no building behind it. 🙂 Happy Thursday.

janet

November 22, 2019 at 10:47am

I know! I didn’t see that IRL; I only saw it when I looked at the picture.

November 23, 2019 at 8:40am

It’s Louisville Brass Crafters. I’ll have to go in sometime and see if they have a magic lamp!

3. joey

November 24, 2019 at 7:36pm

Charming collection! I really like the Comfy house — the details in the trim and of course, the Victorian lamppost.

November 25, 2019 at 7:20am

I didn’t get the whole sign: It’s The Comfy Cow, an ice cream place. I’ve never been in there, but maybe some summer day….