When I heard about the April A-to-Z Blog Challenge (blog every day in April except Sundays, basing each post on subsequent letters of the alphabet), I was like, “Piece of cake!” Fans of Labyrinth know better than to say that, right?
So I signed up and have had:
- edits of new novel, FORCE OF HABIT
- edits of short story written to promote FoH, “By the Book”
- a cold
- my mom with a pulled muscle
- my mom with esophageal spasms (originally thought to be a heart attack)
- multiple tornadic and thunderstormic activities
- power outage
- the bad judgment to join Second Life when I have little time to spare (I love it!!)
So far, I haven’t missed a post but the month isn’t over yet. Oh, yeah–and OVER A THOUSAND other bloggers signed up for the challenge, and I want to visit all of them.
Here’s a tree in my Mom’s side yard. Fortunately, it fell AWAY from the house. An unexpected upending. Just days earlier, the electric company came through and took down a couple of trees that, if they had fallen, would probably have fallen toward and onto her. 🙂
WRITING PROMPT: A character has difficulty fulfilling a pledge. That isn’t a prompt; it’s a plot!