A New Trailer

Not to live in, to watch. I already posted this one for eBooks for Christmas, and now I’ve made two more, one for EEL’S REVERENCE and one for FORCE OF HABIT, each only 30 seconds long:

I made the Christmas one through Animoto, and the other two with Windows Live Movie Maker. Is fun! 🙂

So I ask you: Do trailers intrigue you enough to want to find out more about a book, maybe even buy it? If I made a trailer of myself talking about something, would you watch it?

WRITING PROMPT: If you had to pare down your book/story/product to a 30-second spot, what would you say or show about it?

Posting today at Fatal Foodies with a recipe for almost-instant guacamole.

One thought on “A New Trailer

1. Red Tash

November 29, 2011 at 9:55am

I liked both of those, and I feel like I understand each of these books better now, so consider me a better-informed consumer.

(Personally, I would steer clear of ellipses as much as possible, but that’s just me.)

November 29, 2011 at 10:18am

Red, I think you’re probably right about the ellipses. The more often I watch these, the more the ellipses get on my nerves. Next one–no ellipses!

What is the CommentLuv doing to you, sweetie? There’s one blog I visit where the CommentLuv plug-in says I’m not registered or something, and I very much AM. :/

November 29, 2011 at 10:20am

Thanks, Red! I think I agree with you on the ellipses, now that I’ve watched these a few times. Next one–no ellipses!

What is CommentLuv doing to you? I comment on a blog that won’t let me leave CommentLuv. Says I’m not registered or something, though I very much AM.

If CommentLuv won’t let you drop a link, feel free to type one in.

2. Erica

November 30, 2011 at 1:05am

Great videos! I wish I could make video’s like these as well. But I just don’t have the patience, specially when I have to edit something..
    Erica would love to share..Long Winter Dog WalksMy Profile

November 30, 2011 at 7:19am

It does take a bit of patience, especially to make short ones. If you make longer ones, you don’t have to be so fiddly about WHICH words to use, WHICH picture, HOW to integrate to the strongest effect and so on. You SHOULD, of course, but you aren’t aware of how vital it is unless you’re trying to put over a feel for the book in 30 seconds. I’m glad you liked the videos. That makes the time and fiddliness worthwhile. 🙂

3. Wendy

December 16, 2011 at 9:28pm

I’ve liked the first one, I have to try out Animoto and see if i can manage to make one myself
    Wendy would love to share..Kmart Printable CouponsMy Profile