A.J.’s Dockside on #TybeeIsland YES, TYBEE ISLAND AGAIN! #ThursdayDoors

I have one more batch after these of Tybee pictures to post. Understand, these are only the ones that are tangentially doorish. I have many pictures I’m not posting, so count your blessings.

My friends and I were crazy about The Crab Shack, but we met some folks while we were out walking who sneered at the very idea of The Crab Shack. The best place for seafood on Tybee Island, they insisted, was A.J.’s Dockside, especially at sunset. So we went. We liked The Crab Shack better — it was certainly funnier — but you couldn’t beat the sunset.

Here’s A.J.’s. As God is my witness, there’s a door in there, somewhere. Guess what time of year we visited.

AJ1The sunset was spectacular, as advertised. I guess this is kind of a door. Ish.

AJ2AJ3Next door was a fishing hut at the end of a dock. Very picturesque.

AJ4Here’s a better shot of the fishing hut WHICH HAS A DOOR.

AJ5And so we bid farewell to A.J.’s and went back to the cottage to put calamine lotion on our mosquito bites. But it was beautiful.

AJ6This has been a pretty feeble example of Norm Frampton’s wonderful Thursday Doors link-up. Visit and see some REAL door posts. –Door posts! See what I did, there?

A WRITING PROMPT FOR YOU: A character goes to a highly recommended restaurant and is disappointed. Why?

One thought on “A.J.’s Dockside on #TybeeIsland YES, TYBEE ISLAND AGAIN! #ThursdayDoors

1. Suvi

June 2, 2016 at 8:20am

That’s a gorgeous sunset. I saw one last night on our evening sail and snapped a zillion photos!

June 2, 2016 at 9:42am

It’s just off the coast of Savannah. There was a lot I’d like to see in Savannah, but I couldn’t stand to leave Tybee!
      Marian Allen recently posted..Free Reads

2. Joey

June 2, 2016 at 12:32pm

I never went to AJ Dockside’s. When we first moved the the area people went on about Love’s which is also waterfront, but um, the beautiful view and the excellent service did not make up for the high prices on the mediocre food.
    I loooove that pink boathouse. That’s a lovely photo. 🙂
    Joey recently posted..#ThursdayDoors — Standard Glass

3. Jesh StG

June 2, 2016 at 5:20pm

No kidding, I almost posted a crab shack “opening” door-isch as you say, but it didn’t fit with my post! Looks like a fun outing Marian! And you DO have a door in that pink building at the end of the pier:):) Have a great weekend!
    Jesh StG recently posted..LUCCA and YOSEMITE

June 3, 2016 at 8:54am

Yeah, well, we thought locals would know the best places to eat. And maybe it WAS better than The Crab Shack, and we’re just too uneducated in seafood to know it. Or maybe they just sneered at The Crab Shack because it’s too touristy for them. ‘Course, we were tourists, so The Crab Shack was right up our alley. Plus: cats, parrots, and A SKELETON IN A SANTA SUIT! Yeah, baby!
      Marian Allen recently posted..Tour Perpetual Birthday Calendar Happenings for Paleolithic Sexytimes #FridayRecommends

4. janet

June 2, 2016 at 11:12pm

I’ve heard that Tybee is wonderful. Your photos back that up.

janet

5. Becky B

June 4, 2016 at 3:13am

With those views I’d have forgotten the door too!!!