How Rich Folks Go #ThursdayDoors

Got a gallery of Driving Doors this week, also Storybook Style doors. One October, when Charlie was driving us to a family do, I took pictures as we passed of some of the houses in a neighborhood we went through.

Here are mostly Spanish/Craftsman houses, and one Tudor “cottage”. Also some lights for Joey. I know a doorfie is a reflection of the photographer in the door the shutterbug is snapping, but what is it when your reflection is caught in the car window? Anyway, there’s a couple of those.

Let’s not be jelly of these gorgeous houses. Remember: Rich folks get into their houses one leg at a time, just like everybody else.

Thursday Doors is the brainchild of Norm Frampton, photographer extraordinaire. Visit his site, enjoy his wonderful photographs, follow his directions, and enter a world of doors.

A WRITING PROMPT FROM ME TO YOU: Write about someone out of place in a rich neighborhood.

One thought on “How Rich Folks Go #ThursdayDoors

1. dymoon

January 16, 2020 at 9:46am

LOl to stuffy for me… I’m the log cabin gal.. well ok, not that rugged, but I do prefer the little bungalow where I can surround myself with my “toys” Good morning sunshine!

• dymoon

January 16, 2020 at 9:48am

bosh I have to start over, I used my e-mail and website.. but it kicked me out.. determined tho’ to say good morning.

January 16, 2020 at 10:04am

Good morning! I love to look at the fancy schmancy houses. I love all the architectural details. Wouldn’t want to do the cleaning and upkeep, though. I’d have to have people for that, doncha know? 😉

2. Norm 2.0

January 16, 2020 at 10:02am

Those are some gorgeous homes but hey lotsa expensive maintenance so you can have them.
    The green grass and warm sunny skies would go real good around here at the moment 🙂

January 16, 2020 at 10:09am

You are so right on the maintenance. Lucky for me, it doesn’t cost anything to look, or to rip off a snapshot. So I have the best of it, IMO. The grass isn’t green now, but the sun is shining and the sky is a deep, clear blue. It finally got cold. I hate being cold, but the ticks hate it, too, so I’ll take it! Ah, country living.

3. janet

January 16, 2020 at 12:23pm

Beautiful houses, Marian, and lovely to look at. Yes, cold is good for those of us living where there are ticks. Good riddance to them!!

janet

January 16, 2020 at 2:00pm

I hear you. A big house with the kids gone holds a whole lotta silence.

4. dan antion

January 16, 2020 at 4:26pm

I’m good livin’ on the small side of the tracks, but these are nice to look at.

5. Stephanie Finnell

January 17, 2020 at 9:10am

I’ve had my share of mowing steep inclines like those. Over it! lol But sure do like drive-bys myself. You caught some beauties!

January 17, 2020 at 9:22am

We have some pretty steep inclines out here in the wilds of Indiana, but no walls and busy streets at the bottom.