CoryDoors – Presbyterian Church #ThursdayDoors

Corydon Presbyterian Church is my church-away-from-church. They have so many activities open to the community and benefiting the community!

Every year, they have a Christmas Bazaar in November. When Mom was up and about, she and I always went. They sell Fair Trade coffee, tea, and chocolate, and Fair Trade made goods like bracelets, bags, and toys. They bake and sell breads and pies and cookies and–oh, many good things!

There’s usually food to eat on the spot, too. This event had soups and sandwiches. And Presbyterian desserts! Never forget the Presbyterian desserts!

So here are some doors and stuff.

Thursday Doors is the brainchild of Norm Frampton, photographer extraordinaire. Visit his site, enjoy his wonderful photographs, click on the blue frog link, and enter a world of doors.

A WRITING PROMPT FROM ME TO YOU: Have a happy Thanksgiving, or at least write about it!

One thought on “CoryDoors – Presbyterian Church #ThursdayDoors

1. pm laberge

November 22, 2018 at 7:13am

What a fantastic covered entrance! Although, it does, for some reason, remind me of a Holiday Inn! But a good entrance sets a mood. You can meet people there, before and after services. Awesome.

Glass doors, in a chapel entrance? Never seen that before! Only the solid wood ones. Cool.

The antique cabinet os to drool for.

THANKS!

November 22, 2018 at 8:14am

The entrance does look very motel-y, but it’s great for the reasons you state. This is a super church–and I’m talking about the congregation, not the building. The building does reflect them, though. Not a church for lazy people, which is one reason I don’t belong to this congregation.
      Marian Allen would love to share..CoryDoors – Presbyterian Church #ThursdayDoorsMy Profile

2. dan antion

November 22, 2018 at 9:21am

There’s nothing as welcoming as a covered entrance – Happy Thanksgiving Marian!

3. Norm 2.0

November 22, 2018 at 10:19am

Covered entrances are a welcome thing on a rainy day. I like that little carousel too – nice find 🙂

4. Mary J Giese

November 22, 2018 at 10:22am

Presbyterian desserts? I’m wondering how special these desserts are and if I might need to check into them… 😉

Thanks for sharing your church doors and thanks to your church for blessing their community with the bazaar and other public events.

5. pm laberge

November 22, 2018 at 2:40pm

There is nothing like stepping out via a covered entrance. You are ot beaten by snow, rain or hot sun. You can gat a bit acclimatized to the outside, finish a conversation, and wait for a car to pick you up! Wy do you think Ho Jo and company do this?

And a church without a congregation, is an empty building. NOT that I evvvver would have mistaken you for a lazy person, but I know what you mean. It may be a TOOO active Congregation.

No pics of the inside, or is that not allowed?

One of my hobbies is architecture.

6. pm laberge

November 23, 2018 at 2:42pm

Shoot with the light, perhaps, not against it. Or early am or in the pm, and then the windows show up.
    Or maybe add a filter on the actual camera.