O Sammich, I Loved You So!

I loves me a sammich, for lunch, for supper, for snicky-snacks, even for breffriss. Here is a sammich I had for lunch one day.

My Sammich

sammich

What is on him?

On one bread, home-made mayonnaise. On the other bread, bleu cheese dressing. Sweet red and orange peppers (raw), raw mushrooms, sharp local organic cheddar-style cheese from Red White and Blush in Corydon.

Was it good? Oh, my, yes, it was good.

And, yes, that’s a Christmas plate with holly printed on it. They’re happy little plates, and I didn’t feel like putting them away all year, when they could be out in the kitchen being happy all year long.

What are some good sammiches you’ve made?

A WRITING PROMPT FOR YOU: What does your main character have for breakfast? JANE, IF YOU COMMENT ABOUT CALLIE, DROP A LINK SO OTHER READERS CAN GO GET YOUR BOOK, YOU GOO-GOG!

One thought on “O Sammich, I Loved You So!

1. Jim Hilton

March 19, 2014 at 8:53am

One of my favorites is Simplicity, itself: fresh rye bread with tangy caraway seeds and aromatic, sliced Swiss. No dressing. None. Wonderful.

March 19, 2014 at 3:39pm

That sounds good, Jim, but some good mustard would improve it for me. 🙂

2. Mary Montague Sikes

March 19, 2014 at 11:08am

Marian, no more sammiches for me. I’ve totally gone away from wheat because of the Monsanto thing they did to it. So no more bread, and I really used to love it. (I do sneak in an English muffin here and there.)

Mary Montague Sikes

March 19, 2014 at 3:41pm

I hear you, Monti. 🙁 There are some heirloom wheats, though, and rice breads that might be all right for you at health food stores, just for a treat. I think you’re absolutely right that a smidge here and there won’t hurt. 🙂

3. Katherine James

March 19, 2014 at 12:04pm

The best sammiches I make now, have been ones that are slathered in hummus.

I only discovered hummus this past year, but now I’m been trying out every different kind of hummus imaginable.

Ditch the butter people, put hummus on your slice of bread instead!

March 19, 2014 at 3:42pm

Hi, Katherine! I like a bit of hummus now and then, but it isn’t one of my passions. That’ll probably change, though; sometimes it takes me a while to warm up to something. 🙂