Breakfast Crepes

#4 Daughter, the Amazing Sara Marian, came over and made us chicken blini for supper. I don’t have her recipe, and I didn’t take pictures. Anudder time.

ANYWAY, she forgot to bring crepes, so I made some. There were leftovers, so we had ’em for breakfast. I mean there were crepes left over, not blini. Well, there were blini left over, but we had them for lunch. STOP GETTING ME OFF THE SUBJECT!

Leftover Crepe Breakfast Jelly Blini

Elderberry jelly, cream cheese. Wrap it up, tucking in the sides. Put it on a buttered pan and butter the top. Bake at 450 for about 5 minutes. Take it out, put it on a plate, and sift powdered sugar over it.

MMMMMmmmm….

I’m posting today at Fatal Foodies about stuffed squersh…er, squash.

A WRITING PROMPT FROM ME TO YOU: When I hear the word “elderberry,” I think of ARSENIC AND OLD LACE. You may think of MONTY PYTHON AND THE HOLY GRAIL. Write about two people with different references for the same word.

One thought on “Breakfast Crepes

December 11, 2018 at 1:58pm

You must have seen Arsenic and Old Lace at some point. That’s what the old ladies put the poison in: elderberry wine.
      Marian Allen recently posted..Breakfast Crepes

1. pm laberge

December 11, 2018 at 8:30am

Loooooks Delish! Maybe you should open a restaurant!

And what the hella is that chicken dish? I know what a crepe is!

And, yes, I would eat those!

• pm laberge

December 11, 2018 at 2:09pm

Sounds like a Steffie Story. She made the crepes to seduce someone, obviously.
        The way to a man’s heart is through his chicken blini.”

Igor Pandropov. Steffies. BLINIS! And a little sleeping agent. Igor is well fed, and jas a good nap. Steffie gets away with the secret plans, her honour, and a vanilla ice cream cone for dessert.
        The movies will be out next summer:
        On Her Majesty’s Secret Blini… Part 1!
        And: Crepes to the Max! The Sequel, Part Deux.
        All we need is Mel Brooks and George Lucas.

• pm laberge

December 11, 2018 at 2:39pm

Well, with Gene Roddenberry and Broccoli dead, and Woody Allen retired, who the heck is left? Besides George USED to be good. Mel is always good.
            Remember Howard the Duck?
            I think I should go now. The men in the white suits brought me a smoothie.

2. dan antion

December 11, 2018 at 4:10pm

Yum! Questions, as they say on Law & Order, asked and answered.

3. joey

December 11, 2018 at 9:16pm

ELDERBERRY! Yummy! Looks fantastic!