New Guy Pictures — The New Dog, I Mean

Well, the little dog who has been coming and going decided to stay. Our 11-year-old next-door #2 grandson really really really wanted him to, so we’re all delighted. #2 has been studying Greek history and mythology, so he named the pup Hector.

He thinks this is funny, since Hector was a big hero and the dog is miniscule. He doesn’t know an old saying that means “for a long time”: “Since Hector was a pup” as in “Oh, yeah, we go way back. I’ve known her since Hector was a pup.”

Here’s Hector:

What? What? You called me. What??

Oh, wait, that’s not a good picture. Let me try again:

Joetobomb

Thanks, Joe. ~sigh~ One more time:

Friend or vampire?

~deep sigh~ Okay, it looks like that’s as good as I’m gonna get.

#1 daughter and her husband let the pup sleep indoors at night and let him out during the day. He’s such a good dog! He (often) comes when he’s called, he’ll stay when he’s told to, he understands a simple No, he can Sit on command.

Joe likes him and plays with him, unless I pay too much attention to Hector. Then Joe growls at him and stays between us so Hector can’t come close to me. I’m thinking of buying Joe a suit and tie and some sunglasses. Maybe one of those wires snaking out of his ear.

So here’s a happy ending for a little dog lost. We have a feeling he got dumped, but he’s rolling in clover, now. 🙂

A WRITING PROMPT FOR YOU: An old friend gets in the way of a new friendship.

One thought on “New Guy Pictures — The New Dog, I Mean

November 8, 2012 at 1:18pm

Hi. Love your happy little dogs. Joe looks so sweet. and Hector the Pup is cute as the dickens.

November 8, 2012 at 2:28pm

Joe still thinks he’s a pup. It hurts me when he tries to play with Hector and falls down because he can’t run as fast as he believes he can. 🙁 But I think having a buddy will be good for him.

2. N. R. Williams

November 8, 2012 at 8:20pm

Hi Marian
    I’m giving out blog awards tomorrow and I’ve got two for you. I haven’t been able to go around much so I just wanted to let you know how much I appreciate your occasional visit.
    Nancy
    N. R. Williams would love to share..Saving Whales and DolphinsMy Profile

November 8, 2012 at 10:05pm

Two awards? TWO? Wow! I can’t wait until tomorrow to see what they are — Thank you!

I don’t always comment, Nancy, but I visit often. 🙂 HUGS!

3. Shane Curtis

November 8, 2012 at 10:04pm

That dog looks very cute. By the way congratulations to your new dog and hope to see more pictures to your dog and he looks very cute!
    Shane Curtis would love to share..Safety Tips for Home RenovatorsMy Profile

November 8, 2012 at 10:08pm

Thank you, Shane! Both the dogs actually belong to different grandsons. Joe belongs to our #1 grandson, who lives across town in a house too small for the dog. Hector belongs to our #2 grandson, who lives next door to us. 🙂

I’m always happy to welcome visitors from Timber Sliding Doors. You folks actually read the posts and leave real comments. 🙂

4. ~Tim

November 10, 2012 at 7:55am

Great looking dogs! In my experience, dogs just don’t understand photos. Why sit still and look at a little box when there is playing to be done?
    ~Tim would love to share..Cross Words MMy Profile

November 10, 2012 at 8:33am

Doesn’t make for very good portraits, but I got a great action shot! 😉 I love Hector dashing past, ears flying, but eyes on me to make sure I’m watching him.